What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Vaping article in the Guardian

I'm not supporting Donald, but I can see why it concerns people. If you're young and start smoking there's nothing good about it: you don't need it and the taste is disgusting. Vaping on the other hand is as good as eating sweets or drinking lemonade, and it looks cool because stuff comes out of your mouth when you exhale.
Don't get me wrong, I'm in favour of vaping just as much as everyone here. But it should strictly be a way to get off the cigarettes and not to create a new addiction. And with the nicotine rates that are common in that part of the world I wouldn't be surprised if nicotine addiction goes up substantially.

The easy solution is just to puff unflavoured liquid. That way you’ll not be affected by a flavour ban.

Problem is that vaping keeps most people of the ciggies precisely because they enjoy it. In a way they didn't enjoy nicotine patches or other nicotine substitutes. Take that away and many, like me, would be back on the ciggies. :(

Exactly. And we can't forget that long term effects are still unknown so governments should be concerned and take action. But banning cigarettes is not an option and vaping won't stand a fighting chance unless there's some real money involved

I'm not supporting Donald, but I can see why it concerns people. If you're young and start smoking there's nothing good about it: you don't need it and the taste is disgusting. Vaping on the other hand is as good as eating sweets or drinking lemonade, and it looks cool because stuff comes out of your mouth when you exhale.
Don't get me wrong, I'm in favour of vaping just as much as everyone here. But it should strictly be a way to get off the cigarettes and not to create a new addiction. And with the nicotine rates that are common in that part of the world I wouldn't be surprised if nicotine addiction goes up substantially.
People should be free to put whatever they like into their own bodies.

Nicotine carries a fraction of the addictive property outside of the toxins in smoke. It is as addictive as caffeine.

People should be free to put whatever they like into their own bodies.

Nicotine carries a fraction of the addictive property outside of the toxins in smoke. It is as addictive as caffeine.
So you'd be perfectly able to quit vaping by now? Because the way I read this it's the cigarette additives that are bad for you and not the nicotine. Fact is that one can't exist without the other and I don't see people doubling their nicotine intake to compensate for the lack of additives.

So you'd be perfectly able to quit vaping by now? Because the way I read this it's the cigarette additives that are bad for you and not the nicotine. Fact is that one can't exist without the other and I don't see people doubling their nicotine intake to compensate for the lack of additives.

Nicotine isn’t particularly bad for most people. It’s burning plant material smoke that is the problem for the health with fags.

Nicotine isn’t particularly bad for most people. It’s burning plant material smoke that is the problem for the health with fags.
I heard a youtube reviewer say that once and I was furious.
Nicotine restricts your vains and causes damage to the cell structure. It's certainly not a safe substance but it's 'OK' when compared to other components in cigarette smoke. But I do agree on the burning: that's a chemical reaction which creates new components or radicals as opposed to vaping which is a physical process (unless you take it above certain temperatures that cause decomposition of flavourings or burning of your cotton).

So don't just think that we're safe now that we're vaping. It might be 95% less harmful than cigarettes but there's still that 5%.

I know for a fact @Mawsley did quit vaping for quite some time

Back
Top Bottom