What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Vape mail ban passed senate in u.s.

It won't make any difference, unless we have a post transition period no deal brexit, if we do a deal with the EU, then almost certainly we will be signed up to or expected to implement legislation like TPD3, because the EU will not allow the internal market to be threatened or damaged.

Even if we have no obligation to EU TPD3 legislation the chances are that the UK will implement something very similar. Pressures from Big Pharma, the tobacco companies and the likes of the MHRA (an executive agency of the Department of Health) would bring massive pressure to conform to EU legislation and to what is happening, for example, in America. Look at the MHRAs remit. What do they know about vaping, vape hardware, devices and eliquids aren't any of the following. Why are they regulating vape products, they will love TPD3, they even have a corporate plan.

The agency is responsible for:

• ensuring that medicines, medical devices and blood components for transfusion meet applicable standards of safety, quality and efficacy
  • ensuring that the supply chain for medicines, medical devices and blood components is safe and secure
  • promoting international standardisation and harmonisation to assure the effectiveness and safety of biological medicines
  • helping to educate the public and healthcare professionals about the risks and benefits of medicines, medical devices and blood components, leading to safer and more effective use
  • supporting innovation and research and development that’s beneficial to public health
  • influencing UK, EU and international regulatory frameworks so that they’re risk-proportionate and effective at protecting public health

MHRA board members’ declarations of interest, note the pharma connections

https://assets.publishing.service.g...eclarations_of_Interest_23_September_2019.pdf

That will probably be the EU's latest ploy in the reconvened Brexit negotiations.
The EU will say "right if you still give us access to your fishing, the we won't force the latest vape legislation, if you don't give us fishing rights, your'e screwed"

To be honest the MHRA, in my opinion, should not poke their noses in, electronic cigarettes are not recognised as medical, or healthcare products in this country, so should not fall under their remit. :)

Byw, i was curious about the $2 per 40 mg, because it seemed rather arbitrary. Why not $1 per 20mg, and why 40mg at all, until i realized that a single tobacco owned super expensive 5 % juul pod contains 35mg of nicotine, so no tax

The easiest way around this expense is a 10-15$ 30 ml bottle of 5% nic salt, which will now 70-75$ or more because of a little over 60$ in tax, what is that, like a 400% tax..

Actually closer to a $75 dollar tax i think

Last edited:
Also, fun fact, i am pretty sure pipr tobacco, loose tobacco, and cigars arent taxed excessively here, only cigarettes.

Cigarillos are 2 for a $1, and when i was broke i would just pick up a cpl 2 packs which would be enough for a day, u just take a few drags and put em out. And guess what, since they arent cigarettes they were allowed to be flavored, swisher sweets are excellent with that sugar coated wooden tip.

Deleted...to anyone who saw this original post, i actually would not switch to a heat not burn system...too messy, i would extract nicotine myself from tobacco, apparently its not that difficult, even if it results in a fairly low percentage.

I could get a bushel of tobacco for pennies on the dollar if i drive a few hours south

Last edited:
I dont take caffeine, i dont often drink, i stay away from sugar and salt, im trying to ween myself off red meat and fried foods and seed oil, low cholesteral this, low fat that..

The f@cking nicotine stays dammit...

I dont take caffeine, i dont often drink, i stay away from sugar and salt, im trying to ween myself off red meat and fried foods and seed oil, low cholesteral this, low fat that..

The f@cking nicotine stays dammit...

A diet like that, There's nothing left for you to eat or drink? :hmm:

A diet like that, There's nothing left for you to eat or drink? :hmm:
Right? Thats why i need my stimulant...helps the craving for fresh burger king french fries, lol. God damn they are good...

And bacon...bacon is like a drug in itself.
Its also a class 1 carcinogen

And bacon...bacon is like a drug in itself.
Its also a class 1 carcinogen

The key to good bacon is to spend as much money as you can afford, like if bacon is 4$ for 5 rashers, spend $10 on 5 rashers, it's like a bottle of champagne, the more you spend, the better it should be. Although over here Aldi and Lidl have blown that right open.

So, another noisy scandal attempt driven by another unsuitable vape use.
OK

Lets see if Kim Kandasian is also running for president.

Back
Top Bottom