What's new

Vape mail ban passed senate in u.s.

Not surprised you are pissed! That's shit and just absolutely mind blowing how they want to ban vaping but will happily let smoking continue.
You ever thought about moving away from the US cos, no offence, it's fucked up. Just when I think it can't get any weirder or fucked up Kanye announces he's running for Potus.

Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) remarks on the floor of the Senate before passage of this bill:

The PRESIDING OFFICER. The Senator from Texas.

Mr. CORNYN. Mr. President, I am delighted to be here today with my friend, the Senator from California, with whom I have worked so closely on so many issues. We are both members of the Senate Committee on the Judiciary and the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, and it is always a pleasure to work with her and her staff.

Today is really an important day. It has been long in coming, but finally the Senate has now passed legislation that requires the same proof-of-age requirement that is needed for tobacco products to e- cigarettes and vaping products, particularly those that are sold over the internet. That is what we are focused on.

Last December, I met a 16-year-old young woman named Anna Carey, who is one of my personal heroes. She was one of the students at her high school who became addicted to e-cigarettes.

E-cigarettes are nicotine delivery devices. The only difference between it and smoking a cigarette is the fire, the products of combustion, but it is just as addictive as cigarettes.

Anna started experiencing symptoms that are uncommon in an otherwise healthy teenager. She became extremely lethargic. She experienced random and severe chest pains. Two initial x rays came back clear, so doctors released her, but her health struggles continued. Eventually, she was admitted to the hospital and diagnosed with chemical-induced pneumonia in both of her lungs.

While I am glad to report that she is fully recovered and is now using her story to prevent more teens from going down the same path, what she told me in Fort Worth not that long ago is that these e- cigarettes and vaping devices are everywhere. They are everywhere and can be easily purchased even though you are not supposed to use tobacco products or nicotine when you are under the age of 21.

So all this bill requires, and it is really rather modest--it is unbelievable that it took us this long to get it here today, as modest as it is. At the time of delivery, if you buy a product online, the buyer has to sign and show an ID proving their age. It is the same requirement you would have if you made a physical purchase at a retail establishment or if you were buying tobacco online. For some reason, e- cigarettes and vaping devices have been operating on a different playing field, but no longer. That is why I am so pleased to be here with Senator Feinstein to pass the Preventing Online Sales of E- Cigarettes to Children Act.

To summarize, this legislation would put the same safeguards in place for e-cigarettes as there are for traditional cigarettes purchased online.

For those who think that we can never do anything on a bipartisan basis, that we can't pass laws because we are hopelessly polarized and dysfunctional, maybe this will provide some source of encouragement to the American people, but it also demonstrates that we are doing our best to try to protect children's health, particularly against addictive substances that are delivered through e-cigarettes and vaping devices.

Thank you, Senator Feinstein, for your leadership on this and for your partnership.

I yield the floor.

The bill was passed in the Senate by UNANIMOUS CONSENT

Fun Fact: The teen that was referenced, Anna Carey, was hospitalized from vaping illegal THC products, like all the rest during the "Great Vape Scare of 2019", which this bill will do nothing about

So one of his heroes is a girl who fucked herself up by vaping illegal THC products? That says it all.

And low and behold....

'The bill is supported by the... National Association of Convenience Stores and Society of Independent Gasoline Marketers of America.'

What a surprise

And low and behold....

'The bill is supported by the... National Association of Convenience Stores and Society of Independent Gasoline Marketers of America.'

What a surprise
What?? No way?? You shock me to my core. Who would have thought eh.

Lol,
I changed the title in case it was offensive to anyone

Kanye is running for president? Lmao...im not sure how to even know if that would be good or not.

Im guessing pot would turn legal

Back
Top Bottom