What's new

UK flavour ban?

The TRPR review was published recently and shows some made calls for flavour restrictions in their submissions - but I can’t see it happening.

Worryingly, one of them was ASH and they really ought to know better - but they’ve been tainted by Bloomberg-think for a while now.
I really am sorry to sound dense, I used to be well versed in terms and my knowledge but unfortunately that has gone due to my brain.

Who is the TRPR and also you mentioned more worryingly ASH?

I don't trust the Govt (esp this one) or ASH, or any other pressure groups whose whole raison d'etre revolves around banning stuff others want. I have been stocking up on PG,VG and nic for the vapocalypse I have convinced myself is inevitable. The vast majority of Brits neither smoke nor vape ....... so, no help from that quarter, with Boris's only viable opposition being Starmer, he would need to walk naked into a primary school to face any prospect of electoral defeat, ergo he doesn't give a shit 'bout the vape vote. In the medium term I do think vapers' backs are against the wall, so, individually, this might be a good time for us to hedge our bets. I am making the assumption flavours should be safe enough given their widespread use outside of vaping.

I doubt much will change with the TPD regs except maybe the 2ml tank one. Banning flavours would be a very bad move as most ex-smokers who switch to vaping don't vape tobacco flavours. However there is no doubt there is an increasing tendency everywhere to ban stuff which in the case of vaping is based on crap research/studies, zealots and the tobacco industry.

I apologise but I am highly medicated at the moment (alcohol detox), I read the article and that does mean that things are staying the same doesn’t it? Or the opposite?
No proposals for change in the review.
Presents pro and con arguments.
Everything to play for and threats are real.
What happens is up to who supplies the best pressure to MPs.

In short, if people got mobilised they could probably influence the tobacco control plan...but I'd put money on them not bothering.

I emailed Moggie with a couple of suggestions on TPD.

Abolish the 2ml restriction on the size of tanks/pods etc.
Abolish the restriction that e-liquid bottles of more than 10ml must contain no nicotine.

I also said I was strongly opposed to any ban on e-liquid flavours as most smokers who have given up by switching to vaping do not use tobacco flavoured e-liquid.

In short, if people got mobilised they could probably influence the tobacco control plan...but I'd put money on them not bothering.

stats.JPG

Considering 5110 individuals responded to the tpd review, then it's hardly surprising, many have obviously not been listened to. Seems more likely that everyone else has been heard, esp. the businesses, thank you vendors for this :11:

ecig.JPG

Is this the sum of their biggest worries, people who fucking DIY and who need to buy bigger tanks, because 2ml is shite, esp. those tpd ones with rancid toxic silicone inserts in them, tanks and esp. pods that are impossible to fill and use, potentially driving new vapers back onto the fags. And it's not oil motherfucker, it's eliquid.

Look who sits on the The Independent British Vape Trade Association board (IBVTA) :11:

https://www.ibvta.org.uk/about-us/ibvta-board/

TW right in there, fat lot of use to many potv members, we all know their business model

tw.JPG

ph.JPG

And who are The Puffin Hut :hmm: Just had a look at the rtas and rdas listed on their site, an Aspire Cleito rta is listed but it's the cleito rba deck, and an aspire Cleito 120 rta, same thing it's the rba deck, wtaf.

https://thepuffinhut.com/collections/rta-tanks

https://thepuffinhut.com/collections/rda-tanks

62 disposables available though :angrymob:

Plus the The UK Vaping Industry Association (UKVIA) declared some time ago (?) or was it the other lot, that they didn't want any changes to tank sizes. With friends like these, who needs enemies, vapers are being set up, no wonder not many get involved, I filled the tpd consultation in, I doubt it made a difference at all, why did I bother??

The 2ml tank size was gold plated into UK TRPR legislation, the UK could've gone down the German route - no restrictions, but no. The review is a whitewash, concerned only with maintaining the status quo, denying people access to properly functioning tanks and atomisers, due to the 2ml limit, plus it's obvious, to me at least, that the movers and shakers amongst the IBVTA and UKVIA want shortfills nailed. Shortfills being a product that exist and were invented, in a large part, because of the dumb 10ml bottle size limit, a limit certainly the likes of TW and others want retained. Yet the fuckers do nothing about disposables, apart from promoting and selling them in their 10s of 1000s
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom