What's new

UK flavour ban?

Although PHE and the NHS are pro-vaping for the moment, I don't think they'll risk sticking their necks out too far in support of it... there's a lot of anti vaping power and money and I am worried that they will end up towing the line because they need funding / a good public image.

I hope I'm wrong and that there are influential people in these organisations that have balls and common sense.

I think they will continue to support vaping, going against the evidence and all the cancer charities would be terrible for their public image..... any kind of flavour restrictions is a 'limiting of choices' for smokers and there must be evidence that limiting choices will have a negative effect on people quitting. So I don't know how they could support restrictions on flavours... with a straight face anyway. :D

So much for the flavour ban in Tobacco, you can flavour your own
Tobacco legally.
upload_2021-8-20_23-14-34.png

from my own point of view i would much rather puff flavourless liquid than start smoking again. i find it baffling when people say they’d be straight back on the fags.

but obviously we are all different. this would be a really shit thing to happen. it’s disappointing that there are those out there who knowingly or perhaps unwittingly would be useful stooges for elements who are happy to rip the arse out of the thing for their own gain.

from my own point of view i would much rather puff flavourless liquid than start smoking again. i find it baffling when people say they’d be straight back on the fags.

but obviously we are all different. this would be a really shit thing to happen. it’s disappointing that there are those out there who knowingly or perhaps unwittingly would be useful stooges for elements who are happy to rip the arse out of the thing for their own gain.

Agree going back on the fags is not an option to me.
Might sound a bit sefish saying i'm not too worried as
i make my own.
Once supplies for DIY are affected, the shit hits the fan
for me.

Agree going back on the fags is not an option to me.
Might sound a bit sefish saying i'm not too worried as
i make my own.
Once supplies for DIY are affected, the shit hits the fan
for me.

aye, fags are intolerable for me. smoking would be out of the question.

I think they will continue to support vaping, going against the evidence and all the cancer charities would be terrible for their public image..... any kind of flavour restrictions is a 'limiting of choices' for smokers and there must be evidence that limiting choices will have a negative effect on people quitting. So I don't know how they could support restrictions on flavours... with a straight face anyway. :D
I really hope you're right.

i see the potv newsletter has an article about the possibility of a flavour ban here. any thoughts? do people think this might happen?

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...rce=nl&utm_medium=news&utm_campaign=nid-11275
I can be a worrier with a rather conspiratorial (rather than conspiracist :23:) mindset and have fretted about this since the onset of the flavour ban shenanigans in the US. I just have a feeling that, with much of the world introducing restrictions, those behind the obvious impetus of those restriction aren't going to leave us alone. The very fact that the longer we go with little restriction, the greater the mass of evidence showing vaping's relative safety will not suit them and, behind the scenes, trouble be brewing at t'mill:soupset:

I can be a worrier with a rather conspiratorial (rather than conspiracist :23:) mindset and have fretted about this since the onset of the flavour ban shenanigans in the US. I just have a feeling that, with much of the world introducing restrictions, those behind the obvious impetus of those restriction aren't going to leave us alone. The very fact that the longer we go with little restriction, the greater the mass of evidence showing vaping's relative safety will not suit them and, behind the scenes, trouble be brewing at t'mill:soupset:

i’ve always thought there is no chance of it happening but now it seems there is at least some chance. i think with something like this it a quite valid, and understandable, to think a bit conspiratorially. we know these types conspire. :(

Back
Top Bottom