What's new

UK flavour ban?

I don't know, I'm not surprised there's people lobbying for it though... it been coming for a long time.

It's happened/happening in other places, so it could happen.

It's a proxy attack though I think, I don't think there will be an outright flavour ban but it will lead to tightening regulations to appease those groups that are calling for one.

Maybe bans on pre-filled flavours or on the products that are easiest for kids to get..... like cheap disposables. We knew the 'kids' angle was going to be the one used in any attack on vaping, but the industry still keeps putting out stuff that just hands these people bullets.

There's no point in banning flavoured e-liquid because people will just flavour their own, it will be the whole short fill thing all over again.

Chefs changed their name from 'vapours' to 'flavours' ages ago because they saw this coming. You can't ban flavourings for chefs can you?

.... That's my initial thoughts right now anyway. It would be devastating for some of our favourite e-liquid companies though.

I agree with @Simon G , i also think it's the easy to buy disposables that are bringing the trouble for vapers. The Industry doesn't realise that these Disposables are the real issue, they are more interested in raking the extra cash in. If flavouring is affected i will just go back to smoking without a seconds thought.

Would be surprised if we were just left alone without interference. The world wide attack on vaping is bound to have some consequences.

I agree with @Simon G , i also think it's the easy to buy disposables that are bringing the trouble for vapers. The Industry doesn't realise that these Disposables are the real issue, they are more interested in raking the extra cash in. If flavouring is affected i will just go back to smoking without a seconds thought.
The industry does realise it

it just doesnt care

the big industry anyway

One positive from it would be an increase in new mixers.
Would POTV be affected in showing recipes on the forum.

If they want to absolutely decimate the entire industry from the shops on the High Street right down the chain to the manufacturers costing tens of thousands of people their jobs, millions upon millions of pounds and pushing people back to smoking and all the health implications that brings then they should introduce the flavour ban because won't "somebody please think of the children!!"

All a flavour ban will do is drive flavoured liquids underground, we'll all know a Dave down the pub who for a tenner will sort you with some top quality bathtub juice, 30ml at 18mg. Just make sure to sieve it for pubes first. That can only be a good thing eh?

We on here would be fine, majority know how to mix, how to make a decent liquid and where to get all the components from. However what about the millions who just vape to stay off the cigs? We have multiple customers who ask us to change their coils as they don't know how. It's perfectly fine not to know, help is always available but I couldn't possibly see them ever mixing themselves and they don't want to either. If vaping is turned into a less pleasant experience or made alot more difficult, they'll go back to tobacco.

The industry does realise it

it just doesnt care

the big industry anyway

sadly, i think this is the case.

edit: and since it’s you posting it, i think i can assume it is. :/

Last edited:
If they want to absolutely decimate the entire industry from the shops on the High Street right down the chain to the manufacturers costing tens of thousands of people their jobs, millions upon millions of pounds and pushing people back to smoking and all the health implications that brings then they should introduce the flavour ban because won't "somebody please think of the children!!"

They don't care... they know they'll lose any other argument, the cancer charities, the health professionals and generally speaking the government support vaping as an important tool for people to stop smoking.

"think of the children" is all they have left, it's all they've had ever since the TPD really.

They don't care... they know they'll lose any other argument, the cancer charities, the health professionals and generally speaking the government support vaping as an important tool for people to stop smoking.

"think of the children" is all they have left, it's all they've had ever since the TPD really.

Not enough "likes" in the world to show how much I agree with this.

I'd hope that the NHS and PHE would fight this every step of the way but I get a feeling lobbying would win.

Back
Top Bottom