What's new

Tpd after brexit uk

costs a huge amount of £ to remove or amend a law that has been enshrined into uk law,
a huge amount has been spent setting up the registration system for the products that need it,, until that £ has been recovered And a profit they are happy with earned, they wont change that either

as it stands,, with the reporting the tpd requires it is Far easier to work out how much they could earn by taxing things, And which things to tax,,

in short, in the eu , half in, half out, or out,, it is enshrined in uk law, and there are more + points to leaving it there for hmg than not,,
common sense,, will of the people, scientific facts ,, meh this is HMG ,, you can forget any of those

as for the "we should have done more"
there WERE attempts to do things, and rightly as someone said, mostly wrote by people who should only be given crayons
EGO's of those involved,, Prevented a unified front way from happening as every time someone suggested it, some vape famous (in their own lunch box) gob on legs shot it down attacked whoever suggested it and got their lackys to also attack ,,net result every dog and his crayon thought they knew best and did it with their mates,, 9000000 different petitions with very few signatures each

Retailers , in the main did ,, fuck all, (other than moan) and fuck off with the profits they made,, One retailer decided to go it alone and make legal challenges BUT as they could only be made once the eu had the finala draft And approval, and had to be done At the eu,,, that was never going to work,, But they tried.

we as users , were lied to by various "we will save vaping" groups,, mis-led by others, then castigated by retailers for not doing enough,,

I can understand people being sceptical, and I may be a bit gullible, but I believe our government is behind vaping.

I saw figures as long as 4 years ago predicting how much would be saved on the NHS in the long term, (though in the longer term it may cost more as those who would have died of lung cancer will need treatments for other ailments).

Government spokesmen have also stated they'd like to promote vaping but TPD rules on advertising prevent this.

The problem's going to be that, post Brexit, there will be too much going on for the law makers to worry about vaping, and as the TPD hasn't had much effect there won't be a lot of noise coming from the vaping community.

I think the U.K. government supported the TPD so it would seem unlikely.

Nope, the Cons have been widely supporting of vaping, it was the scurrilous nanny-state Labour lot who helped push the TPD in, their excuse was that they didn't know what they were signing...

From my understanding, EU law is going to be transcribed into UK law on us leaving. Once it becomes UK law we can apply pressure in the hope that the gov will change things. From the vote today the remain campaign have scored a goal against the gov. Ne prepared not to leave at all IMO or to leave in such a way that we might as well not have left at all.

The good news is that the news coming out about vaping is still very positive, the piece we put up last week being a good case in point:
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...2-09_polosa-s-no-negative-harms-findings.html

The more good news we see the better the chance of the industry bodies and vaping communities making themselves heard again. For me we only need to do a few things:

• Scrap the 2ml tank limit
  • Put the max nic back to 72mg
  • Make shortfills have the same testing criteria as nic containing juices
  • Sort out some of the advertising regs
Job done.

Nope, the Cons have been widely supporting of vaping, it was the scurrilous nanny-state Labour lot who helped push the TPD in, their excuse was that they didn't know what they were signing...

From my understanding, EU law is going to be transcribed into UK law on us leaving. Once it becomes UK law we can apply pressure in the hope that the gov will change things. From the vote today the remain campaign have scored a goal against the gov. Ne prepared not to leave at all IMO or to leave in such a way that we might as well not have left at all.

The good news is that the news coming out about vaping is still very positive, the piece we put up last week being a good case in point:
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...2-09_polosa-s-no-negative-harms-findings.html

The more good news we see the better the chance of the industry bodies and vaping communities making themselves heard again. For me we only need to do a few things:

Job done.
Hmm you’re right enough. Not sure where I got that all the parties apart from ukip voted in favour of it, but found this...

graph-tpd-large.jpg

I can understand people being sceptical, and I may be a bit gullible, but I believe our government is behind vaping.

I saw figures as long as 4 years ago predicting how much would be saved on the NHS in the long term, (though in the longer term it may cost more as those who would have died of lung cancer will need treatments for other ailments).

Government spokesmen have also stated they'd like to promote vaping but TPD rules on advertising prevent this.

The problem's going to be that, post Brexit, there will be too much going on for the law makers to worry about vaping, and as the TPD hasn't had much effect there won't be a lot of noise coming from the vaping community.

I think at this point they are mostly in favour of it, the views of the main parties have definitely moved that way. Public bodies like NHS, public health england and charities are coming out in support But the problem is I don’t think the government see the limitations as anti vaping, though.

Job done.

• If not put the nic limit back to 72mg then at the very least relax the bottle size limit for registered nicotine containing products. I think relaxing advertising regs, increasing tank size and bottle size would then free the market up again somewhat. Most of the allure of shortfill is that it's a big bottle (for convenience) and the need to add nicotine is clearly less of an inconvenience than the 10ml bottles or they wouldn't have taken off.

Allowing tested and registered products the ability to offer 50ml and 100ml again would then mean that vapers could benefit from the cost savings without needing to add nicotine and shortfill would surely have to then fall back inline for testing to be viable.

Back
Top Bottom