What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Tpd after brexit uk

James Leasley

Postman
hi potv I’m curious about the tpd laws after we leave the eu ?
Would the government scrap the tpd and make our own laws or do you think they will still adapt the tpd from the eu ?
Thanks

It's already adapted into UK law, hopefully after Brexit the Gov may change some of the stupid rules. But i guess they won't as some of the TPD rules seem geared at preventing people vaping or switching. The Gov the EU all want that money off tobacco tax and will do anything to keep it coming in. They try to make out they are concerned for peoples health but the truth is they want money and what better way to go about it than tax fags and put up the tax every year while rubbing their hands together waiting for you to die from cancer or other smoking related diseases which lightens the amount of money they pay out if you don't make it to pension age.

Some rules that are in The TPD have failed to achieve what they where put in place for and others have work arounds. My guess is they will eventually start taxing vaping especially eliquids like they do with tobbaco knowing once 10ml hits a certain price people will just return to smoking, illness and death. in truth it's Murder. Vaping should never have had rules as they clearly are not working or justifiable

It's already adapted into UK law, hopefully after Brexit the Gov may change some of the stupid rules. But i guess they won't as some of the TPD rules seem geared at preventing people vaping or switching. The Gov the EU all want that money off tobacco tax and will do anything to keep it coming in. They try to make out they are concerned for peoples health but the truth is they want money and what better way to go about it than tax fags and put up the tax every year while rubbing their hands together waiting for you to die from cancer or other smoking related diseases which lightens the amount of money they pay out if you don't make it to pension age.

Some rules that are in The TPD have failed to achieve what they where put in place for and others have work arounds. My guess is they will eventually start taxing vaping especially eliquids like they do with tobbaco knowing once 10ml hits a certain price people will just return to smoking, illness and death. in truth it's Murder. Vaping should never have had rules as they clearly are not working or justifiable
I totally agree with what you said hopefully they will reconsider the tpd laws but I think it’s doubtful but fingers crossed

problem is people cant stick together to make a difference. Iv seen loads of petitions for lifts on the tpd, and only one i think saw make it over enough signatures to be considered debating.
If all vapers in the uk, all vaping forums and associations banded together under one petition...how many signatures will that be. More than enough to no longer be ignored.

problem is people cant stick together to make a difference. Iv seen loads of petitions for lifts on the tpd, and only one i think saw make it over enough signatures to be considered debating.
If all vapers in the uk, all vaping forums and associations banded together under one petition...how many signatures will that be. More than enough to no longer be ignored.
Good point think we should get every one together lol

The problem was that all those petitions were garbage and way too late. I only started vaping a few months before it all came in, this needed to be petitioned and protested a long time before I was even aware of it. Starting a position weeks after it had been made law calling for the government to scrap the whole thing was .... silly.

and that's without mentioning that most of the petitions looked like they were written by illiterate knuckle dragging halfwits making claims that were unresearched and simply non-factual ... if you want to be taken seriously, that just isn't good enough and could even have a detrimental effect.

i hope they do a u turn on it but if im right in thinking once a law has been passed and is in place its very hard to over turn it but hope im very wrong on that one

i hope they do a u turn on it but if im right in thinking once a law has been passed and is in place its very hard to over turn it but hope im very wrong on that one

I think it basically would have to go through parliament again to amend or scrap it. They will have many other things to be focused on for the coming years, I doubt they’ll be giving a fuck about vaping, unless a tory mp takes it up then we might see some swift amendments.

The problem was that all those petitions were garbage and way too late. I only started vaping a few months before it all came in, this needed to be petitioned and protested a long time before I was even aware of it. Starting a position weeks after it had been made law calling for the government to scrap the whole thing was .... silly.

and that's without mentioning that most of the petitions looked like they were written by illiterate knuckle dragging halfwits making claims that were unresearched and simply non-factual ... if you want to be taken seriously, that just isn't good enough and could even have a detrimental effect.
There were still petitions before it was implemented, but not enough sigs. Obviously then people couldnt be arsed, didnt think it would effect them etc.
But thats the same case with anythinf and everything, people dont act untill after the event of whatever it was that pissed them off. If you get what i mean :s

Back
Top Bottom