What's new

Toxic metals found in vapour

I didn’t have time to read it, but thought I would post Farsolinos’ study about toxic metals from 2015 in case it’s useful for comparison for anyone.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4454963/

That's the research I was looking for the other day, I knew the good Dr. had already done the metal analysis, just couldn't find it.
Now if you look at Dr. Farsolinos’ results for the same metals and a few others that "are" known to exist in ecig vapour, you will see that a lot of the results are zero or nm (non-measureable).
That's because his results are for a set 20 and 8.3 cubic metres of air, and not per kg as the not so good research shows. So the results in op's study, if you want do the maths, 1 cubic metre of air weights 0.0366049043 kg,
In case you can't be bothered, you would need to inhale about 27 cubic metres of air. That's about 36 hrs of vaping. Or 32,400,
4 second puffs on your vape stick.
So to sum up,
Even though yes these metals are present, what a load of scaremongering hogwash.

Incredibly toxic when heated. I do a bit of blacksmithing in my spare time and you do not want to breathe in the fumes from galvanised metal. Oddly, the safest easy way to remove it is with Muriatic acid....
Yeah, I worked with galvanised steel a long time ago before all the health and safety regs kicked in and when cutting it with oxy-acetylene would end up inhaling the fumes. Not very pleasant at all.

Does anyone know if this research (in the link below) is more recent, and more to the point, does the below research add anything new that renders the research carried out in the above Reddit post, obsolete? In other words, does anyone know if they've found new evidence concerning the (alleged) dangers of heated coils, metals, and vaping?

www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/news/vaping-news/2018-03-06_heavy-metal-research.html?utm_source=nl&utm_medium=news&utm_campaign=heavymetals

No, the reddit post is a response to the research in ge article you linked. It’s bullshit, it seems.

Ah, so my link and the link in the OP are the same research?

If that's true then this smear has been vaporised.

Back
Top Bottom