What's new

Town Declares Parks Smoke free

I actually agree in kids play areas smoking shouldn't be allowed, I hate it when you see kids on the swings with their mum or dad pushing them with a fag hanging out of their gobs, but then I am a self confessed snob! But out of play areas I can't see what the problem is-unless there is a danger the trees are affected by passive smoke :D

Well ditto. But I do worry about the seemingly ever increasing power of the State and with it the presumption by local authorities that they are free to dictate on any matter that takes their fancy. How long before some jumped a little egomaniac decides e-cigs must be banned in parks in case they encourage (in his opinion) children to buy real cigarettes later in life?

I would like to see councils enforcing exsisting laws before they introduce new ones. How about stopping dogs craping all over the parks. I wonder if this ban will include e-cigs and as the article says they cant enforce the rule without By-laws.

It wont be long before smoking will be banned in all public places not just indoors.

Yeah the dog crap thing is more important to me than the smoking in public places thing. Our estate looks like dog shyte hell. They just resurfaced all of the pavements to "beautify" our area... less than a week later, smeared with shyte from one block to the next. We walk in the middle of the street in our area.

Yeah the dog crap thing is more important to me than the smoking in public places thing. Our estate looks like dog shyte hell. They just resurfaced all of the pavements to "beautify" our area... less than a week later, smeared with shyte from one block to the next. We walk in the middle of the street in our area.
At least the white dog poo from the 70s you could kick into the gutter without smearing your espadrilles

Seems way over the top to me... 'passive smoke' is no danger to anyone outdoors, children or otherwise. Any arguments about 'out of sight, out of mind' and the hopes that if kids don't see cigs they'll refrain from trying smoking go out of the window once those children turn into teenagers and want to try 'cool' stuff.

This is just another attempt to demonise smokers... nothing more, nothing less. I just wish the jobsworths who come up with these ideas at least had the guts to admit this and not hide behind disproportionate health damage claims/ guilt tripping about 'harm' to children.

Back
Top Bottom