What's new

This morning on itv ecigs give you cancer

FWIW @CarbonBoy I don’t think that makes you a weirdo. I know I'm not addicted to vaping nor to nicotine, I don't freak out if I forget my vape when I'm out, I don't get that wave of anxiety when it's been too long since I vaped last, I just replaced an addiction with a passion, so until that changes I'm ok vaping. But that doesn't mean you're the weirdo here lol!

I get a bit twitchy if I've not vaped for a few hours I must admit, nothing like when I smoked but I do feel a lot more relaxed after a vape if I get to that point. ... I'm not sure how much of that is the act or the nic, a bit of both I suspect.

this has to be one of the best posts of the year so far.

to add to that list

reading the daily fail is enough to tip you over the edge and make you want to kill yourself.

a polite message to the daily fail

20882921_10155667358643866_820505969335027241_n.jpg

YOU BUNCH OF

Capture.PNG

So the French say the Britons will all get cancer because of their poor dietary habits.

Well the power of email

I read the actual report from dr moon

He was using a njoy mod have a gander

“ECS Generation and Mice Exposure.
Twenty FVBN (Jackson Laboratory, Charles River) male mice were randomized into two groups, 10 each. Mice were exposed to ECS (10 mg/mL), 3 h/d, 5 d/wk, for 12 wk. ECS was generated by an E-cig machine, as previously described (64). An automated three-port E-cigarette aerosol generator (e∼Aerosols) was used to produce E-cigarette aerosols from NJOY top fill tanks (NJOY, Inc.) filled with 1.6 mL of e-juice with 10 mg/mL nicotine in a propylene glycol/vegetable glycerin mixture (50/50 by volume; MtBakerVapor MESA). Each day the tanks were filled with fresh e-juice from a stock mixture, and the voltage was adjusted to produce a consistent wattage (∼1.96 A at 4.2 V) for each tank. The puff aerosols were generated with charcoal and high-efficiency particulate filtered air using a rotorless and brushless diaphragm pump and a puff regime consisting of 35-mL puff volumes of 4-s duration at 30-s intervals. Each puff was mixed with filtered air before entering the exposure chamber (1 m3). Tanks were refilled with fresh e-juice at 1.5 h into the exposure period during the pause between puffs. Mass concentrations of the exposure atmospheres were monitored in real time using a DataRam4 (Thermo Fisher Scientific) and also determined gravimetrically by collecting particles on Teflon filters (Teflo, 2 mm pore size; Pall) weighed before and after sample collection using an electrobalance “

He had an email address so I asked a question

How often did he change the coil in njoy mod during the test

I will let you know what he says

I hope this will be a “oh for fucks sake” moment on his part

Now, I’ve not read all of this as I don’t care too much about the risks of smoking as I vape now.

However, I’m a scientist, and I have a pretty good knowledge of animals used in research.

The mouse model used is more commonly known as a FVB strain, or friend leukaemia b.

They are highly susceptible to ‘induced’ squamous cell cancers, these are the most dangerous of lung cancers, and skin cancers. Which means if the research is sound vaping has a probability of causing cancers. Bearing in mind, on the other foot these animals develop cancer at a ratio of 60% with no induction, similar to humans,slightly higher.

I wouldn’t use a cancer model animal for this type of study, but it’s not for me to critique.

Interestingly I’m going to find out out the mutation rate of FVB when exposed to tobacco smoke.

Back
Top Bottom