What's new

This morning on itv ecigs give you cancer

It's not how my mind is working at the moment, the only reason I don't smoke is because I vape....

I also vape way less than I smoked too I have no idea about your 'sessions' but for me, I may pick my vape up a few times an hour and take a few draws... I forgot to take my vape when I went shopping yesterday, didn't bother me, we were only round the corner and the missus said "do you want to go back for it?" .... I didn't bother and it was no bother at all... there's no way I would have gone without my fags a couple of years ago. I used to smoke 30 or 40 a day.

so for me vaping is doing exactly what I wanted it to do, I'm far less 'reliant' on it to get through the day and I'm spending far less ..... I don't stink and my fingers aren't yellow .... and I don't smoke any more. what's not to like? even if it was only 50% better for me I'd still be winning.

I had totally forgotten about that nicotine stain thing. Every day in the shower, scraping it off with a pumice stone. Eurgh!

I had totally forgotten about that nicotine stain thing. Every day in the shower, scraping it off with a pumice stone. Eurgh!

.... nasty.

years and years ago I helped my mate move out his flat he'd been living (and smoking) in for about 10 years, when he sold it .... there was just yellow muck running off everything as we cleaned it all down to pack away ..... and even that didn't stop me smoking at the time.

it's vile, it really is.

You can’t help getting worked up about this stuff..
I was reading on the NHS stop smoking website where they recommend vaping as a positive aid to stop smoking..
You can not help but think it’s all the big cigarette companies kicking up the dust doing all they can to stop people giving up smoking and then they start production of their own vaping products that are crap and daft tobacco heating devices that will cost the same to use as buying cigarettes..
One day it’s a positive reccomended way to stop smoking..next day it’s so unhealthy we are all going to rot away...They want you to stay smoking..think of all the tax that’s generated.

The tax, both excise duty and VAT, raised through the sale of tobacco products continues to be a major source of revenue for the Government, contributing around £12 billion annually. This is, according to the Treasury, equivalent to more than 2 pence on the basic rate of income tax or over 11 pence on the top rate of income tax.

On a typical pack of 20 cigarettes the total tax burden of £6.98 accounts for 82% of the recommended retail price (RRP) of £8.50. On some of the least expensive brands the total tax burden accounts for up to 90% of the RRP.

Jesus all day

By the texts I’m getting from family friends that’s it I’m dead

If I wake up tomorrow I will be amazed

Trouble is I vape because I want too

I gave up ciggies because I wanted too

Every other day I question why a person is taking this medication or that tablet

It amazes me even when I saw my own doctor the other day

“Hmmm nearly 50”

“Yes amazing isn’t it”

“Bowels and waterworks all ok”

“Yep, why do you ask”

“Well I would normally think about aspirin and maybe omprvazole / lactulose if you were having problems”

“Oh so your over 50 so you must take them”

“Well errr no, not really”

“I see, I administer those everyday why would I want to take them if I have no need”

“Right we leave it for the moment”

For the moment FFS my dads 90 and still driving and he’s not on them his health is in good order but hey he’s 90

So when I’m 50 that’s it dead if Vaping doesn’t kill me first

We are all different but they want us to be and treat us the same...
Leave us to live our lives as we choose..let’s us live in peace and without ridicule

can anyone tell me what’s this bollocks is all about

Text after text this morning

Apparently I’m going to die and worse not make mods as mice are getting cancer

Although the mice in my workshop chain vape like a good un
I only hope that he didn't feed them mercury laden fish or they would of been well & truly fcuked.

Yesterday a guy in the smoke shed at work said he didn't want to start vaping because he was worried about popcorn lung.
Seriously?!
The reason why the media is so powerful is because the majority of people are stupid.

Yesterday a guy in the smoke shed at work said he didn't want to start vaping because he was worried about popcorn lung.
Seriously?!
The reason why the media is so powerful is because the majority of people are stupid.

Yep totally agree had the same conversation with, I will be nice here and say a dickhead but he called it peppercorn lung

Say no more

I’ve got no intention of quitting vaping. And actually I’ve gradually been increasing my nicotine.

You need to think about think about stuff in a relative sense, more than likely ecig vapour isn’t good for you, but at the same time there is a good possibility that breathing city air is worse.

It seems a bit much to say vapers should be thinking about giving up vaping. Most of them have not long given up fags.

There's a definite possibility that city air is bad for you but that's not directly in your control like vaping or smoking.

I'm just saying that vaping is often referred to as a better nicotine replacement therapy for stopping smoking than patches or nicotine gum, but you're expected to stop the patches/gum when you're over the habit. That final step isn't really there when it comes to vaping, at least not with me or people I know. Just been wondering why for the last few weeks.

It's not how my mind is working at the moment, the only reason I don't smoke is because I vape....

I also vape way less than I smoked too I have no idea about your 'sessions' but for me, I may pick my vape up a few times an hour and take a few draws... I forgot to take my vape when I went shopping yesterday, didn't bother me, we were only round the corner and the missus said "do you want to go back for it?" .... I didn't bother and it was no bother at all... there's no way I would have gone without my fags a couple of years ago. I used to smoke 30 or 40 a day.

so for me vaping is doing exactly what I wanted it to do, I'm far less 'reliant' on it to get through the day and I'm spending far less ..... I don't stink and my fingers aren't yellow .... and I don't smoke any more. what's not to like? even if it was only 50% better for me I'd still be winning.

My vape sessions might be a couple of toots at my desk every hour opposed to 4 or 5 fags throughout the course of the working day. Or maybe a 10 minutes of chain vaping when I'm home and then back to a couple toots every half hour. I used to smoke 20 a day and went to vaping with a mindset of stopping smoking. I'd say I vape more than I smoke but I also lowered my nic because I was aware I was doing that.

Patches worked for me the first time I stopped smoking. Kicked the fags and patches for 8 months then got drunk at a wedding, bought a pack and started up again. Switched to vaping and don't really like fags anymore but I have no intention of stopping vaping.

Part of me wonders if it's because the vape is flavoured or if something in my mind is telling me vaping is much less harmful than fags (which I think is true but noone really knows to what extent it's less harmful) that I don't have that mindset of chucking the vape too at some point.

Patches worked for me the first time I stopped smoking. Kicked the fags and patches for 8 months then got drunk at a wedding, bought a pack and started up again. Switched to vaping and don't really like fags anymore but I have no intention of stopping vaping.

Part of me wonders if it's because the vape is flavoured or if something in my mind is telling me vaping is much less harmful than fags (which I think is true but noone really knows to what extent it's less harmful) that I don't have that mindset of chucking the vape too at some point.

Yeah, I've given up a few times before using patches and gum .... but I returned to smoking months later, so in my mind they don't work. Quitting smoking is easy we've all done it before but nothing else other than vaping has made me stay off them and not only that, it's made me never want to go back.... three months on patches and not a day went by that I didn't want a cigarette and it was so easy to slip back. That's why I'm not in the mindset of quitting vaping.

Back
Top Bottom