What's new

This morning on itv ecigs give you cancer

Lets just BAN everything, alcohol, fags, definitely diesel vehicles (I own one) oh and don't drive or ride a bike you MIGHT get hurt or you MAY hurt someone else and as for recreation well there won't be any because as everything else is banned you couldn't get there anyway!! I hate this nanny state affairs SOOOOOOOOO much!!
Bit of a silly post. Its about harm reduction. You dont need to vape or smoke and everyone is capable of stopping both completely. Fact is, both vaping and/or smoking is WORSE for your health than not doing either. Saying that, someone who does vape but has a clean diet likely has a healthier body than someone who doesnt vape or smoke but eats fast food every day. Just depends how far you want to go to look after your body.

Bit of a silly post. Its about harm reduction. You dont need to vape or smoke and everyone is capable of stopping both completely. Fact is, both vaping and/or smoking is WORSE for your health than not doing either. Saying that, someone who does vape but has a clean diet likely has a healthier body than someone who doesnt vape or smoke but eats fast food every day. Just depends how far you want to go to look after your body.
I KNOW it's about harm reduction, I was being sarcastic! I'm not saying to REALLY ban everything and as an ex-smoker for over 40yrs and vaper for 4yrs I know that vaping is better for me than smoking!!

Ya could live in a field n eat grass n drink water n still snuff it at any age . Ya could smoke all ya life n live to a ripe old age . I walked up a mountain at work yesterday in Wales n I guarantee a few weeks ago when I was vapin n smokin roll ups I would of had to take a break . As adults we can all make our own decisions .

It's about harm reduction but that isn't sensationalist enough so of course the news isn't going to run with that.

Yes vaping is less harmful but it's not better than smoking nothing at all. I've actually been thinking about this for the last few weeks. Everyone talks about how they should quit smoking, etc but not with vaping. I know many smokers, myself included, that talk about how they need to stop but with vapers, again myself included, never even consider quitting vaping. Lowering the niciotine, perhaps, but not quitting altogether. We know vaping is less harmful, but there's no good study of how less harmful bearing in mind that a vape session lasts a lot longer than a normal fag, coil life, etc.

Just heard about this from the daily fail as my mum mentioned it. She knows most things they write are bollocks though and asked me if it was true.
I'm glad to see the guardian and the dr on this morning bkth saying they wouldn't want people to be put off making the switch due to thist

*triple post apparently. My computer went a bit loopy earlier

Last edited:
It's just been on Sky News as well with a guy from the IBVTA. Kay Burley is a dick and wouldn't let him actually answer her questions as they went against the narrative Sky wanted. Included a close-up shot of display e-cigs covered in dust and some vaping tricksters. Which is fine, but 90% of vapers are your average Joe wanting to get off the fags.

It's about harm reduction but that isn't sensationalist enough so of course the news isn't going to run with that.

Yes vaping is less harmful but it's not better than smoking nothing at all. I've actually been thinking about this for the last few weeks. Everyone talks about how they should quit smoking, etc but not with vaping. I know many smokers, myself included, that talk about how they need to stop but with vapers, again myself included, never even consider quitting vaping. Lowering the niciotine, perhaps, but not quitting. We know vaping is less harmful, but there's no reports of how less harmful bearing in mind that a vape session lasts a lot longer than a normal fag.

I’ve got no intention of quitting vaping. And actually I’ve gradually been increasing my nicotine.

You need to think about think about stuff in a relative sense, more than likely ecig vapour isn’t good for you, but at the same time there is a good possibility that breathing city air is worse.

It seems a bit much to say vapers should be thinking about giving up vaping. Most of them have not long given up fags.

Last edited:
Boils my piss how the media is controlled by government and big tobacco companies. I want a coil building mouse now that would be news. Especially if it could also rewick.

Yes vaping is less harmful but it's not better than smoking nothing at all. I've actually been thinking about this for the last few weeks. Everyone talks about how they should quit smoking, etc but not with vaping. I know many smokers, myself included, that talk about how they need to stop but with vapers, again myself included, never even consider quitting vaping. Lowering the niciotine, perhaps, but not quitting. We know vaping is less harmful, but there's no reports of how less harmful bearing in mind that a vape session lasts a lot longer than a normal fag.

It's not how my mind is working at the moment, the only reason I don't smoke is because I vape....

I also vape way less than I smoked too I have no idea about your 'sessions' but for me, I may pick my vape up a few times an hour and take a few draws... I forgot to take my vape when I went shopping yesterday, didn't bother me, we were only round the corner and the missus said "do you want to go back for it?" .... I didn't bother and it was no bother at all... there's no way I would have gone without my fags a couple of years ago. I used to smoke 30 or 40 a day.

so for me vaping is doing exactly what I wanted it to do, I'm far less 'reliant' on it to get through the day and I'm spending far less ..... I don't stink and my fingers aren't yellow .... and I don't smoke any more. what's not to like? even if it was only 50% better for me I'd still be winning.

Back
Top Bottom