What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

(This is it) TPD Regulations 2016

You're wrong on many issues there. The whole issue of revealing recipes and proprietary blends has been gone through and no-one will be forced to show their recipes,
Coils are electrical components are are outside the scope of any proposed regs.
Brussels has nothing to do with this any more. This is about transposing the Directive into local law i.e. UK law which is why it is a Reg (or SI). No Directive from the EU is legally binding on any single member state. Each EU member state adapts Directives in their own fashion. Our (UK) H&S Regs are different to those in other EU states. Our TP Regs will be very different to the way other EU member states transpose the Directive. The UK (because of the NHS and Public Health England inter alia) is toning it right down, so-called "light touch".
Reputable UK juice houses will survive. Zero nic juice if not offered in nic variations is outside the scope of any impending Regs.
There's lots more and as already mentioned by many people, there are so many loopholes, any vaper with half a brain will run rings around any half-arsed enforcement attempts.

... a couple of questions, if brussels has nothing to do with this now, why are we doing any of it? Why aren't we (The UK) having our own debate (much like we are now) about what expect from the industry and how we think it should be regulated in the UK. Talking to our doctors, our manufacturers, our vapers. Having shitty laws and running rings round enforcement attempts is not really a positive thing is it? Wouldn't it be better to have better laws that people support in the first place?

Im just really glad that at no point has it been suggested i would have to dance around a naked statue of @Mawsley :P

I still can't work out what type of box and what colour and more importantly the weight of paper to use for the fisher price instruction manuals...

Simple food hygiene and an emmisions test would have been more than sufficient to isolate the nasties and ensure your mixologist had fit for purpose facilities

... a couple of questions, if brussels has nothing to do with this now, why are we doing any of it? Why aren't we (The UK) having our own debate (much like we are now) about what expect from the industry and how we think it should be regulated in the UK. Talking to our doctors, our manufacturers, our vapers. Having shitty laws and running rings round enforcement attempts is not really a positive thing is it? Wouldn't it be better to have better laws that people support in the first place?
This has been in the making for about ten years. Many stages involved. Not all Directives are adopted. Your democratically elected representatives approved its adoption. Who have you been voting for and who have you been emailing and lobbying? I've been in contact with two local MPS, two MEPs, a number of people I know in Government, local councilors (who will be involved in enforcement). Even before I started vaping because I was concerned about not being able to buy my European organically grown tobacco based products (SNUs and cigarettes). It's about to be enshrined in UK law and we all have to deal with it. Elections are coming ...

Sorry to jump in @mannikon [emoji6]

Because it's been passed by Brussels, signed off by the UK MEP's and MP's and it's now up to the uk to transpose it. Hence we've got off much lighter than most of Europe.

The debates are happening behind closed doors now, after it's been signed off. Make of that what you will but it's backwards. They'll never make laws to please the people as they aren't a true representation of the people. But you employ them, they work for me and you. They're elected officials.

In the USA they have ousted senators through coming together and doing something about it. The USA are going properly hard on vaping in some states, but they're very scared of the extremely large groups of people who've banded together and done something for what they believe in.

The U.K. Vaping scene had its chance, and like @MrTeaTime alluded to, 95% ignored the opportunity. The 100k petition finished on 12k? But this is far from the finished article. And without wanting to repeat myself, 23/6/16 should be a date for your diary.

This has been in the making for about ten years. Many stages involved. Not all Directives are adopted. Your democratically elected representatives approved its adoption. Who have you been voting for and who have you been emailing and lobbying? I've been in contact with two local MPS, two MEPs, a number of people I know in Government, local councilors (who will be involved in enforcement). Even before I started vaping because I was concerned about not being able to buy my European organically grown tobacco based products (SNUs and cigarettes). It's about to be enshrined in UK law and we all have to deal with it. Elections are coming ...

Sadly I was preoccupied with motorcycle legislation and until I stopped smoking and started vaping a month ago I was totally ignorant and uninformed about any of this. Ask me about the Euro4 motorcycle regulations. ;)

Sorry to jump in @mannikon [emoji6]

Because it's been passed by Brussels, signed off by the UK MEP's and MP's and it's now up to the uk to transpose it. Hence we've got off much lighter than most of Europe.

The debates are happening behind closed doors now, after it's been signed off. Make of that what you will but it's backwards. They'll never make laws to please the people as they aren't a true representation of the people. But you employ them, they work for me and you. They're elected officials.

In the USA they have ousted senators through coming together and doing something about it. The USA are going properly hard on vaping in some states, but they're very scared of the extremely large groups of people who've banded together and done something for what they believe in.

The U.K. Vaping scene had its chance, and like @MrTeaTime alluded to, 95% ignored the opportunity. The 100k petition finished on 12k? But this is far from the finished article. And without wanting to repeat myself, 23/6/16 should be a date for your diary.

Those doors are not that closed ;)

Remember that there are vast amounts of primary and secondary legislation "on the statutes" which are never used. The UK legal system is based on precedent, any laws must be deliberately vague enough so that they can be interpreted so the proof of the new Reg will come from legal actions (criminal and civil). The date incidentally will be 20 May, what's the June date?

Sadly I was preoccupied with motorcycle legislation and until I stopped smoking and started vaping a month ago I was totally ignorant and uninformed about any of this. Ask me about the Euro4 motorcycle regulations. ;)
If I were still biking I would be right up there with you. I'm not permitted to drive my car in any German city because of similar rules :(

Wasn't having a go mate, just saying there is still a fight and we can all still do our bit and legally too! Personally, though I did sign the 100K, I don't think petitions usually work but neither does the CEO (or ex-CEO) of a major vaping company threatening to kneecap a senior DoH official :11:

Those doors are not that closed ;)

Remember that there are vast amounts of primary and secondary legislation "on the statutes" which are never used. The UK legal system is based on precedent, any laws must be deliberately vague enough so that they can be interpreted so the proof of the new Reg will come from legal actions (criminal and civil). The date incidentally will be 20 May, what's the June date?

The EU referendum.

Come on Mannie!!!!! [emoji33][emoji6]

I used to spend a lot of time in the cities, surrounded by our beloved officials. It got very boring very quickly. But still keeping in touch with one or two has its perks [emoji16]

Back
Top Bottom