What's new

(This is it) TPD Regulations 2016

Agreed 100%. [emoji106]

I hope you are right because I've already seen them effectively make 2-strokes illegal and bring in a load of BS regarding motorcycles year after year for the last 15 years, not to mention the increasing amounts of ethanol in petrol.

I have a horrible feeling this is just the start of our problems with this and I just can't feel that relaxed about it. :(

I hope you are right because I've already seen them effectively make 2-strokes illegal and bring in a load of BS regarding motorcycles year after year for the last 15 years, not to mention the increasing amounts of ethanol in petrol.

I have a horrible feeling this is just the start of our problems with this and I just can't feel that relaxed about it. :(

The big difference regarding vaping is that the governments own health organisations are largely stating that vaping is far preferable to smoking based on detailed, but preliminary research. The research is, almost literally as we speak, being carried out at a terrific rate. Once the MHRA research has confirmed to be correct 376 times the government will have zero grounds for regulating vaping into obscurity.

Again thinking for the long term, Britain is slightly different to some of our other counterparts in that we have a state funded NHS. The NHS is under increasing pressure and after aforementioned research has confirmed the inevitable it would become clear that tens of millions of lost tax £ from smokers switching to vaping would be re couped from NHS savings in smoking related disease.

It's a waiting game is all. This is just the EU trying to broadside the industry. Mild regulation is not always a bad thing, and the U.K. could have had it much worse. The fact that the government has taken a comparatively light touch compared to some other member states is a clear statement of intent in my opinion.

Then there's the referendum. Article 20 is now written into law. Fact. However, should the uk decide to leave Europe we would be under no obligation to further carry out any EU instruction that has not yet been fully intergrated. The referendum is June, start date for the TPD is a month prior, but the two more important dates are November then May next year.

And should we leave, any government that stood to gain 3 million voters worth of backing should they decide to mostly leave us be, save for minor regulation, would be making a wise move indeed.

as far as i can remember november was the cut off point for stock being bought by companies and a year was the deadline to sell off all old stock.
so in 1 year everything could change overnight.
BUT
we could well be out of the EU by then. will that make a difference, hmm, ask me in a year as we just dont know.

My understanding is it will take 5-10 years to leave the EU, on its own renegotiating trade deals will take years and years. Most EU laws and regulations will not be abolished, not tomorrow or next year, probably never. The only one that will go quickly under the Tories is the Social Chapter.

I feel that we dig and digest through this quite regularly.
The truth is we won't know what's happening or how it affects us for at least another 12 months.
It is probably prudent to grab a cpl more of your fave attys and mods and carry a stock of nicotine (if you plan to diy)
But apart from that I wouldn't panic yet.

My understanding is it will take 5-10 years to leave the EU, on its own renegotiating trade deals will take years and years. Most EU laws and regulations will not be abolished, not tomorrow or next year, probably never. The only one that will go quickly under the Tories is the Social Chapter.

2 years is the projected time frame to fully divorce the eu should we decide to.

I have so many of my beloved Kfl's and Taifuns I could open a shop!
I know they won't go to waste!
I'm going to start shifting some of my krakens in favour of the nextiny/nextgen clones.

We're all doomed ha ha!

All these laws and regs. Deary me. Someone told me the other day that there is a 70mph national speed limit. My garden shed still is of course only used for making distilled water wouldn't dream of using alcohol. Apparently some people view movies on the internet and actually pay for the privilege. What do you mean I have to declare earnings from car boot sales?

Etc

We're all doomed ha ha!

All these laws and regs. Deary me. Someone told me the other day that there is a 70mph national speed limit. My garden shed still is of course only used for making distilled water wouldn't dream of using alcohol. Apparently some people view movies on the internet and actually pay for the privilege. What do you mean I have to declare earnings from car boot sales?

Etc

I don't really want my juice to be made illegally in someone's shed, delivered in a lorry without a tachograph and sold at bootsales by someone who doesn't pay their taxes and sells pirated films as a sideline. ;)

...... like vaping doesn't have a bad enough image already in some quarters. :D

Back
Top Bottom