What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

The usa holds its breath

Rejuiced do unflavoured shortfills for £3.00, better off making your own anyway but thought I would let you know. :)

They only do 70/30 in a 60ml bottle (so only one nic shot fits), 50ml for £3, or 100vg with nic in 10ml for more money than a nic shot...

So, I'd still have to mess around getting it to my required 4.5mg and 50/50 by decanting into other bottles and adding base, and I currently pay around £4 for a litre (plus nic).

Nice of them to consider it, but I happily accept nobody is likely to fully cater for my epic strangeness.

Just to point out also that it's actually been illegal in the USA since 2016 the FDA just hasn't enforced the rules (which strongly suggests they don't agree it should be illegal) so there are some glimmers of light there still.

Reading said rules suggests that they were intended to be under continual review - nothing vaping was ever made illegal, no law was passed, no regulation ratified. There was nothing to actually enforce.

They opened the pmta process back then with the caveat that a date had not been set, and that the application being approved didn't guarantee it would always remain approved.

Maybe I misread or misinterpreted it, but that's my take.

The same could be said of tpd compliance - things that are compliant right now could fall foul of future amendments and have their status (and therefore legality) revoked.

If they’re going to do it, why don’t they ban all flavours, including tobacco, mints and menthol? If I were trying to quit smoking, and all I could vape was flavourless liquid, that’s what I would do ... because the important thing (to me) was to get off tobacco. It would actually have taken some of the transition issues away, because finding a flavour I could vape all day at the start was tricky. Flavourless liquid’s not unpleasant. Also, a lot of the ‘tobacco’ flavours are synthetic anyway, so is the purpose to keep the association of smoking through the flavours? I don’t get it :)

They’re hardly going to ban food flavourings either, so those wanting to flavour their liquid will do it regardless.

Dang Skippy!!! And I know how to make coffee concentrate. But I also keep extracts on hand at all times!!
20191107_150307.jpg

not sure which country this is but this is very sad to see.

cap.JPG

Dang Skippy!!! And I know how to make coffee concentrate. But I also keep extracts on hand at all times!!
View attachment 204247

You need to be very careful adding food grade extracts to e-liquid.

They may say "pure" and "100%", but look at the ingredients list on the "pure lemon extract"...

It's very common for them to be in a carrier liquid and that carrier may very well be extremely unhealthy to vape on.

Not necessarily you (I hope not anyway), but I can see quite a few bad things happening due to ill-advised homebrew if vape flavours do get banned.

Back
Top Bottom