What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

The usa holds its breath

If they’re going to do it, why don’t they ban all flavours, including tobacco, mints and menthol? If I were trying to quit smoking, and all I could vape was flavourless liquid, that’s what I would do ... because the important thing (to me) was to get off tobacco. It would actually have taken some of the transition issues away, because finding a flavour I could vape all day at the start was tricky. Flavourless liquid’s not unpleasant. Also, a lot of the ‘tobacco’ flavours are synthetic anyway, so is the purpose to keep the association of smoking through the flavours? I don’t get it :)

They’re hardly going to ban food flavourings either, so those wanting to flavour their liquid will do it regardless.

Because as a smoking cessation tool vaping works, they probably just have a problem with the childness marketing, shame really but what's done is done

I would think the majority of people looking to stop smoking using vaping don't actually want that link - I certainly didn't. Cigarettes taste like shit (I'd thought that for the last few years of smoking) and so does tobacco flavoured juice (imo).

Oh, and flavoured tobacco (cherry rubbed et al) have already been banned in the states with menthol to follow, so that's no good as a defence either.

No defence here intended, I was purely linking an established flavour(cherry) with tobacco, same as menthol.
In hope some flavours may be allowed to continue.

Because as a smoking cessation tool vaping works, they probably just have a problem with the childness marketing, shame really but what's done is done

Well, duh, I know it works :rolleyes: I think this will end up with a lot more people moving towards mixing themselves, and presumably there will be a market for completely flavourless liquid for those who don’t want tobacco, mint or menthol. The kids will carry on buying 50mg Juul pods, mint flavour instead of mango :19:

No defence here intended, I was purely linking an established flavour(cherry) with tobacco, same as menthol.
In hope some flavours may be allowed to continue.

Yeah, I get you.

It's just that very thing has been suggested as a defence by the affected parties and been quashed by the type of things I referenced.

The only thing they're intending to allow is baccy and menthol. And menthol is still up for debate.

And even then there's the whole pmta thing to consider - there are currently zero (at the time I last looked) juices that have been granted a pmta, hundreds have been rejected.

The ONLY product (apart from actual smoking tobacco) to have been granted a pmta to date is the iqos "heat not burn" abortion.

Allowed flavour or banned flavour, no pmta = illegal to sell.

Looks very much to me like a way to ban vaping without actually banning vaping - like vaping will be perfectly legal it's just that you won't be able to buy any juice...

Well, duh, I know it works :rolleyes: I think this will end up with a lot more people moving towards mixing themselves, and presumably there will be a market for completely flavourless liquid for those who don’t want tobacco, mint or menthol. The kids will carry on buying 50mg Juul pods, mint flavour instead of mango :19:

I know you know it works ffs....my reply was aimed at your point of why not just ban all flavours....christ on a bike

Yeah, I get you.

It's just that very thing has been suggested as a defence by the affected parties and been quashed by the type of things I referenced.

The only thing they're intending to allow is baccy and menthol. And menthol is still up for debate.

And even then there's the whole pmta thing to consider - there are currently zero (at the time I last looked) juices that have been granted a pmta, hundreds have been rejected.

The ONLY product (apart from actual smoking tobacco) to have been granted a pmta to date is the iqos "heat not burn" abortion.

Allowed flavour or banned flavour, no pmta = illegal to sell.

Looks very much to me like a way to ban vaping without actually banning vaping - like vaping will be perfectly legal it's just that you won't be able to buy any juice...

Most if not all of these folks making the decisions will not have smoked, or perhaps stopped (cold turkey) they will, along with most of the general public wonder what the fk are folks vaping grannies apple pie for....they will simply not understand it....you smoked tobacco, so what is your problem in vaping tobacco is the way I see em thinking.
As we are in the minority, we are fked.

I vape unflavoured by choice. It's pretty much impossible to buy in various ratios and strengths so I have to mix it up myself.

If tobacco was the only flavour available when I switched I can't see it would've worked as well for me.

Rejuiced do unflavoured shortfills for £3.00, better off making your own anyway but thought I would let you know. :)

Just to point out also that it's actually been illegal in the USA since 2016 the FDA just hasn't enforced the rules (which strongly suggests they don't agree it should be illegal) so there are some glimmers of light there still.

74611553_732781470523017_5174814509344227328_o.png

The USVA had a meeting scheduled with the OMB. They have just cancelled the meeting saying the review is complete. They did not allow any pro-vaping voice to be heard. Only those who were opposed to vaping. Sad day for America.

Back
Top Bottom