What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

The truth about ceramic coils

They were ceramic initially but switched to cotton after some vaper fuss - Busardo pulled one apart and said "Ugh, what's this?" iirc.

That's good to know.
I'm sure I've watched a vapingwithvic video where he dry burned one and said it was ceramic ! I think I'm going to pull one apart to investigate [emoji16]
I do know they changed them from one to the other, and I'm sure theyre cotton but pulling an old one apart is your best bet...

@simong @Tubbyengineer
I thought I'd report back. Just pulled a nautilus coil apart and it is cotton. [emoji106]
Tightly packed as well so god knows why I have never had a dry hit off one. [emoji16]

P
@simong @Tubbyengineer
I thought I'd report back. Just pulled a nautilus coil apart and it is cotton. [emoji106]
Tightly packed as well so god knows why I have never had a dry hit off one. [emoji16]
Probably due to the transverse wicking design - they wick through instead of along, it does seem to make a difference for some reason I can't adequately explain...

holy crap, wheres my fags. thanks for posting this @Gonloopy

time to share the fek out of this. but of course once the media get a hold of this then theres another nail in the coffin.

Pretty sure the COV ones are the porus wick through design, AFAIK only Altus have used the Rockwell ceramic type but the ones I've seen for the Krixus are a better quality version of the Porus ceramic, but not good enough for me to have used them, frankly the disadvantages of the extremely high power use and dodgy construction far outweigh any benefits in flavour or longevity for the ceramic coils, I had high hopes originally but no-one seems to have improved on the early versions yet...

Never liked the idea of ceramic coils and this confirms my suspicions about them.

Sorry to bring this thread back, but I thought it better than starting a new one.

I have heard on other forums that this was not scientifically based, and was just Uwell's response to issues with the Crown 2 coils, and they are now developing ceramic coils themselves. I am not sure what to believe, and if it is indeed best to avoid them, or it was just a response by Uwell?

Really, I would like to know if ceramics are indeed OK to use, or not? Also ceramic wicks, such as ceramic 'cotton'?

Back
Top Bottom