What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

The truth about ceramic coils

I read something similar a while ago, but less in depth. Pretty fucked up a lot of people are currently using ceramic coils, but kudos to this company for testing and revealing all about ceramic coils, given they make them. Kind of the opposite of Five Pawns' reaction to their juices being swamped in diacetyl - that being cease and desist and "No it's fine, lol".

About right add to that they suck the life from your batteries and get hotter than hell. My experience with ceramics where all disappointing but now this. Glad I moved on.

Arhgh theres actually two types of ceramic in use, these types of ceramic - The kind used by Vaporesso and a couple of other companies are the porous wick through type - I've never been keen on them, power hungry and not terribly well made.
The other type are the "CVU" heating chip used by the Guo Vapes Altus, they are of a much higher grade and use a Tungsten trace embedded in a non porous ceramic It doesnt wick the juice - it merely works as a long life coil that heats a wick wrapped around it. As far as I know they are safe - and are used for laborotary grade equipment - It's just a shame Guo Vapes are a bunch of Knob jockeys - Who when asked to sell me a replacement CVU chip for the one I damaged, were perfectly willing to send one - until they found out I was not in the US, at which point they couldn't even be bothered to reply to my Emails...

Wow that's put me right off I've always been 50/50 about trying them all the reviews I've seen and knowing people who vape them always bang on how better the flavour is that read is a kick in the teeth and put me right off nice 1 for the eye opener bud:goodjob::read:

Recently i purchased a Vapeston ceramikas tank and have used the ceramic coil, which i will say is excellent for flavour. It is a juice drinker and i used it at 70 watts.
I was thinking of buying some more ceramic coils for it but i am now just going to buy standard freemax or vapeston coils and use it as i use the maganus and starre tanks.
Conclusion The uwell findings, have opened up my eyes, pissed on my fire, put me off my pudding

Thanks for posting @Gonloopy

Nautilus BVC Coils have cotton wick not ceramic...
That's good to know.
I'm sure I've watched a vapingwithvic video where he dry burned one and said it was ceramic ! I think I'm going to pull one apart to investigate [emoji16]

Back
Top Bottom