What's new

The Sun has a dig at vaping again

Most adults are entirely infantilised these days anyway. Many children are on anti-depressants, which are far more harmful, addictive and with significantly more serious withdrawal symptoms than vaping.

Welcome to Late-Capitalism
:lilmonkey2::lilmonkey2::lilmonkey2::lilmonkey2::lilmonkey2:

Honestly, the juice is a competitive market. Brands compete in marketing, which means branding, naming and packaging.
If kids want them they will get them. It's not like teens can't get a 6-pack and a few joints.
Plain packaging would be a nightmare local shops. Can you imagine a massive wall with hundreds of flavours in identical packages, it would be like walking into an apothecary.
They could high the liquid from plain sight, but again the variety makes this difficult. Vape should could have an age restriction. I'm not sure if 0 nic juice has one.
It could be worse though, with an attempted ban on non-tobacco flavours.

The reality is the government and the NHS have a choice. Push vaping as a healthier alternative or regulate it like tobacco.
The interesting thing is the shisha isn't regulated in the UK.

This about sums it up for me "being accused by 'The Royal Pharmaceutical Society'"

Was it all of the society members view or a a lot of them or a few of them or just the ex MP chairwoman opening her trap? Lol

How do you find research on the phenomenon of childish marketing materials? It’s pretty elementary there’s really not much science involved in spotting it. Even here on the forum it’s all over the place.

I’d be interested in seeing what vaping advocacy people actually had to say about this situation, to be fair I would really hope they wouldn’t be arguing in favour.
I found some stuff pretty easily on Google Scholar. It wasn't directly related to ejuice marketing and children, but one could find somewhat relevant background for their articles using papers analysing marketing to children in general. Someone spending somewhat more time will probably be able to do a decent enough job of strumming together a half-decent set of paragraphs that can then be used as context for such articles.

Was it all of the society members view or a a lot of them or a few of them or just the ex MP chairwoman opening her trap? Lol

In fact, that page has a link to their policy about it...

https://www.rpharms.com/Portals/0/R... statements/E-Cigarettes Policy Statement.pdf

“Despite claims by manufacturers that they are not targeting new smokers, e-cigarettes are sold in flavours that are likely to be more appealing to younger people: coca cola, bubble gum, strawberry, cherry etc. and they present their products using cosmetic appeals, such as innovative packaging and colours, making them seem attractive and ̳cool‘.“

I've completely stopped eating Sweets now, because apparently they're aimed at Children !!! I feel so ashamed that I've enjoyed eating them for all of these years !!!

We could have guessed the pharmaceutical establishment would have a stance against children’s flavours though. It would be like a blue slushie or strawberry custard biscuit flavoured nicotine patch with pictures of a my little pony unicorn on the box.

My penis is for ladies only - yet the police seemed to believe that me hanging around naked at the entrance to schools constituted me advertising it to kids.

The world has gone mad.

And if your juice is jam doughnut flavoured, what else are you supposed to call it.

You could call it anything, Skittles are not Skittle flavoured even though vape companies will appropriate that brand name. Fire Water doesn't taste of fire or water, Crow Black doesn't taste of crows.

maybe a lack of imagination is the problem? ..... or laziness?

If you can't think of anything to call your product other than 'Bariho Gummy Bears' and can't think of anything to put on the box other than cartoon dancing bears then I don't have much sympathy.

Back
Top Bottom