What's new

The Sun has a dig at vaping again

Wouldn't surprise me if BAT own dinner lady. When I first got back into any interest in vaping again dinner lady seemed every where I'd never heard of them. IF they came from no where,had great marketing, turned up at expos around Europe and maybe U.S. I Know I'd be thinking their was some decent dough and knowledge on marketing behind dinner lady.

I don't know if any of that actually happened
And
I do get a bit paranoid apparently lol.
But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean ....... ;)

Having a go through the article again, you are absolutely right. Although the lazy one-sided reporting that's been done by The Sun does not help at all.

At worst, they are actively pushing the agenda willfully neglecting even an attempt to present a fair representation of the issue.

At best, they have come across a piece they thought could fetch them easy clicks without any regards to the responsibility they have towards their readers (as a news publication) of a fair look into the matter. Imagine the kind of picture this draws in the heads of the people who rely solely on The Sun for their news.

What would be a fair representation, though? “Ok the other hand the vaping industry aren’t doing any harm by appropriating children’s sweet packets for their marketing etc etc...”?

''A Health and Social Care Information Centre poll found 22 per cent of children had vaped at least once.''

I can guarantee that alot higher percent have tried smoking and even cannabis :18:

I personally like the crazy cartoon packaging, It doesn't make me more inclined to buy it but I like it same as I like graffiti. I've said before I can see plain packaging implemented such as e liquid being sold and displayed in those horrid brown boxes with the health warning messages printed on them.

I’m hoping somebody brings out a starter kit based on this piece of 80s child nostalgia.

8Fq.gif

What would be a fair representation, though? “Ok the other hand the vaping industry aren’t doing any harm by appropriating children’s sweet packets for their marketing etc etc...”?

To properly round off the article, imho, the publication needs to add a statement from a representative of a vaping advocacy firm. If such a firm does not exist or isn't accessible, it works to contact a few (2-3?) of the market leaders in the industry and try and get their statements.

Finding and quoting previous research done on the subject, or even similar subjects, may also help round off the article. Quoting a research from the 1960s may not help, but a relatively recent research on the topic or a related topic may be quite informative to the reader.

They should also include some background information and history for context.

But all of the above is hard work and takes time and effort. This is also what separates a quality publication from a bad one, I think.

To properly round off the article, imho, the publication needs to add a statement from a representative of a vaping advocacy firm. If such a firm does not exist or isn't accessible, it works to contact a few (2-3?) of the market leaders in the industry and try and get their statements.

Finding and quoting previous research done on the subject, or even similar subjects, may also help round off the article. Quoting a research from the 1960s may not help, but a relatively recent research on the topic or a related topic may be quite informative to the reader.

They should also include some background information and history for context.

But all of the above is hard work and takes time and effort. This is also what separates a quality publication from a bad one, I think.

How do you find research on the phenomenon of childish marketing materials? It’s pretty elementary there’s really not much science involved in spotting it. Even here on the forum it’s all over the place.

I’d be interested in seeing what vaping advocacy people actually had to say about this situation, to be fair I would really hope they wouldn’t be arguing in favour.

This about sums it up for me "being accused by 'The Royal Pharmaceutical Society'"

And if your juice is jam doughnut flavoured, what else are you supposed to call it.

Back
Top Bottom