What's new

The Sun has a dig at vaping again

Aye I see where you’re coming from @mattyk2010 . It’s possible, but I think either way this kind of attention would be inevitable at some point. The bigger a thing gets, the more it’s in the eye of the “protect the children” mob.

Personally I don’t care and actually would be put off buying liquid that looks like a packet of sweets. And it would be a terrible
bummer if t does end up with them thinking about banning flavours. It’s a definite possibility that it might come up and I personally would be looking at the irresponsible eliquid marketers rather than influence from America. Mind you once we’re seeking trade deals with big donald we’ll become an annexe of america anyway so it’s probably a moot point.

“But British American Tobacco has taken its E-Fizz and Dinner Lady products off its website ”

So the dinner lady eliquid is owned by British American tobacco?

I don't think so .... I presume BAT own one of the online vape retailers somewhere maybe? I have no idea though...

I don't think so .... I presume BAT own one of the online vape retailers somewhere maybe? I have no idea though...

BAT according to their own website is "the worlds leading vaping company". They are Vype, Vuse and own retailers and a bunch of big name juices which are rolled up under umbrella brands. Many vapor brands large and small are owned by big tobacco through acquisitions. They see the writing on the wall and have invested in remaining relevant.

Personally I believe that kids are smarter than these scare-mongering articles give them credit for. They are also much more resourceful. If they want something they will figure out a way to get it, label it Unicorn Candy Delight or Death's Whispering Last Throw. I think their opinion on wanting to try something is much more likely to be influenced by a fellow classmate having tried something.
How I wish these sensationalist tabloid publications that try to misinform public opinion die down and people instead rely on respectable media outlets. Sadly, click bait seems to come on top every time. Maybe us adults are not as wise as we think we are...

When I was a kid I bought Death cigarettes - I wouldn’t have bought a pack with a cartoon elf on the packet.

Personally I believe that kids are smarter than these scare-mongering articles give them credit for. They are also much more resourceful. If they want something they will figure out a way to get it, label it Unicorn Candy Delight or Death's Whispering Last Throw. I think their opinion on wanting to try something is much more likely to be influenced by a fellow classmate having tried something.
How I wish these sensationalist tabloid publications that try to misinform public opinion die down and people instead rely on respectable media outlets. Sadly, click bait seems to come on top every time. Maybe us adults are not as wise as we think we are...

You’re aware it has nothing to do with actual kids?

Back
Top Bottom