What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

The Sun has a dig at vaping again

Interesting. I see the goal more as 'consumption' itself, entertainment is just another product.
Nostalgia is certainly one aspect to advertising indeed. I suppose cigarettes were often advertised
on the basis of historical archetypes of masculinity: Marlboro Man/ Cowboys and so forth.

Not as bad as I thought it would be with it being the Sun newspaper, but I got to admit, they do have a point with some juices.

I remember the uproar over poke juice, and fantasi, which looked like Fanta. I DON'T think juices should be in plain packaging or boring, but instead of shaping the juice bottles into what looks like say a drinks bottle, keep the standard 30 or whatever size bottle, add a nice label and make the box the colourful part.

I've also never really understood flavour names. A few times family members or friends have asked what flavour I have, and reply with say "Unicorn milk" or similar. They then ask what is that? I explain a kind of strawberry and cream flavour, so they say why not just call it that?

It might just be me that finds the naming part odd though. I can understand if someone created a new flavour wanting to name it, but it would be handy if the name reflected what the flavour actually is!

I was watching a review earlier and they mentioned Unicorn Blood as the juice they were using.

My 6 years old's ears pricked right up! Very odd names!

The digs were always foreseeable - tobacco industry funding all this marketing against vaping whilst other join the vape world - we take billions of the tobacco industry so will hurt them

Back
Top Bottom