What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

The One Show tonight

I watched it, yeah well I found it uneducated slant at big tobacco which we all know about not any plus points just the big evil of nicotine and "oh my god what about the kiddiewinks"

I started smoking when I was a teenager and drinking no one stopped me

dean was there all day but his shot was about 10 seconds cut by the negative comments good for Dean to fight for us though

nothing is 100% safe what a stupid claim tell me one thing that is 100% safe 5 people died last yearI i read from unloading a dishwasher ffs

I thought the piece was a bit sensationalist, but the summing up back in the studio at the end was pretty balanced (which surprised me).

It's just a pity about that emphasis on whether vaping is "totally safe", rather than focusing primarily on the harm reduction side, especially seeing as the figures quoted at the end were that 52% of vapers are ex-smokers (so have reduced the amount of harm they are doing to themselves by at least 95%), 45% are dual fuelling (and in the studio they assumed this meant that they are trying to give up smoking using vaping) and only 3% of vapers have never smoked.

So the general public will now believe BAT invented vaping and that vaping is bad because of the nicotine.
Stupid television pseudo-journalism.
Maybe it's a start though and a little bit of the message about the value of vaping at least as harm reduction has gone out there.

Back
Top Bottom