What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

the end of dodgy chinese fakes? hope so!!

I'm all for clones & copies of mods & attys as long as their not counterfeits ,there's a difference. Sure, they shouldn't brand them with the original name, maybe a variation will do but lets face it, if it's made well & works well, what's the issue ? I'll happily buy 'em.

This is how I see it too.
Something is a similar style etc. is one thing, it`when they try to pass them off as the genuine article or copy manufacturers logo`s thats where I draw the line.
In any case trying to stop the Chinese making knock-offs is like trying to knit with fog, it ain`t going to happen.

Last edited:
I may just "try" a brass sentinel clone, although I am fancying getting another original mod tbh, my roller gets bullied lol, however hcigar also does the hcigar m16 which is sentinel inspired but they actually decided to claim it as their own, it is very tempting, particularly considering that more than a couple of these "high end" mods actually come out of Chinese cnc shops, not sure how that sits with the elitists personally I think its cool, I have a chinese telescopic sight on one of my rifles, leupold ordered a load of them to be made, once that batch was completed, the machines kept rolling, the optics, tubes and cintrols are identical to the leupold, why? Because it rolled off the same damned production line. Its my best scope, the light gathering capabilities are untrue and its stood up to five years of abuse on my tuned webly longbow a pretty hard hitting spring air rifle, one of the harshest environments a civilian scope will see.

You can hate the chinese for their flagrant copyright abuse, but the buggers cant half machine well.

Yep. Agreed.
The Chinese can produce some flimsy crap but they are also more than capable of producing totally top-tier products that are easily the equal of anything made in, say, Germany.
The quality of a Chinese product is usually dictated by the price the the supplier is prepared to pay to have their product manufactured.

Take Apple as an example, like or hate them as a company, their products are made to a very high standard, in China.
The same applies for many Western companies. If you pay a Chinese manufacturer to produce a very high quality product then that, by and large, is what you will get.
Pay them Peanuts and you will get what you paid for...

I have a tin mod, 2 x ego and a nemesis clone. I will add some VV to this when finances improve and i will be one happy bunny, the nemesis is my favourite mod i have ever had i think, not because it is a clone but, because it is easy to use and well.....just works:D

So do i give a fuck...............................hell no :P

surely the most important thing is that people are getting off the stinkies and vaping not what equipment they're using - Could the so called original mod makers even keep up with the demand for mods as far as I see it a lot of the originals are always out of stock the only way they could meet demand is to mass produce - wait a minute someone has already thought of that the chinese I believe - everythng in our lives is a clone from the car we drive to the tv we watch to our mobile phone to our playstations xboxs and pc's the future whether we like it or not once this is all made legal will be big companies mass producing - the day will come when you can pick up a vao or a nemesis in the electronics aisle of your local tesco or asda do we really believe theyll be happy to order 100 clones a month from an original mod maker or will they order 10000 a month from shanzen - i'm neither pro clone or anti clone I have clones just now but I want a panzer and a GP Paps as i've heard the panzer hits like a steam train and the GP Paps is just fantastic looking and performs really well.

Back
Top Bottom