What's new

the end of dodgy chinese fakes? hope so!!

The truth of the matter is, yes, clones can be a problem, but think of it this way. How many of us, honestly, would be enjoying vaping as much as we are right now, if we DIDN'T have a clone at some point?
I bet you, that most of us wouldn't be.

you probably would mate. either you would end up saving up for a high end mod, or using something like a k100 or k101, or a magneto.

you probably would mate. either you would end up saving up for a high end mod, or using something like a k100 or k101, or a magneto.

Some of us just cannot afford high end mods...
I earn £40 a week at the moment...
By the end of the month, with travel for college, and my phone bill paid off, I have... £27 fun money.
With that 'fun money', I need to pay for anything else, so, if I'm invited out, it comes out of that... Realistically, I probably end up having a tenner a month...
Now, the average price of a high end mod, is around 110/120? That's basically a year of saving... For one mod.
At least with clones, I can get something that works, and works bloody well, pretty much instantly.

The only comparison I've seen between the M16 clone and the sentinel original was a riptripper vid

Now, 'sick as tits' riptripper absolutly detests clones but even he was forced to admit that the clone seems to hit harder.

I've got two and I love them.

I may just "try" a brass sentinel clone, although I am fancying getting another original mod tbh, my roller gets bullied lol, however hcigar also does the hcigar m16 which is sentinel inspired but they actually decided to claim it as their own, it is very tempting, particularly considering that more than a couple of these "high end" mods actually come out of Chinese cnc shops, not sure how that sits with the elitists personally I think its cool, I have a chinese telescopic sight on one of my rifles, leupold ordered a load of them to be made, once that batch was completed, the machines kept rolling, the optics, tubes and cintrols are identical to the leupold, why? Because it rolled off the same damned production line. Its my best scope, the light gathering capabilities are untrue and its stood up to five years of abuse on my tuned webly longbow a pretty hard hitting spring air rifle, one of the harshest environments a civilian scope will see.

You can hate the chinese for their flagrant copyright abuse, but the buggers cant half machine well.

gords1001
I have two things to say:

MY GOD THOSE CALIBRATED FLUKES ARE EXPENSIVE!

And also, I want to shoot... Damn being young... Damn having a tiny garden... :P

Their not so bad if you buy one second hand then get it calibrated, mine cane to £100, I could only justify that because I use it for work, I also justified it because a giid meter is necessary for doing naughty things to unsuspecting led emitters and now cheap nasty chinese clones :D too bad your so far away, I could do with a shooting buddy. B)

You know why China does so well while Britain is stuck in the financial boonies ? Because they produce products & we consume them. There's also another mentality on top of that which they employ very well. It's called 'open source' & goes something like this in simple terms... " I'll design & make this product & release it on the market, i'll claim the royalties & the design will remain mine but anyone can copy it & modify or improve it in any way they want. The original however will stay the same". it encourages further interest & demonstrates an acceptance of the point that a developer might not have thought of everything... Food for thought.

Don't say thaat!
The only shooting clubs near me, are range shooting (Pistol only), or clay pigeon (expensive!) :(

I may just "try" a brass sentinel clone, although I am fancying getting another original mod tbh, my roller gets bullied lol, however hcigar also does the hcigar m16 which is sentinel inspired but they actually decided to claim it as their own, it is very tempting, particularly considering that more than a couple of these "high end" mods actually come out of Chinese cnc shops, not sure how that sits with the elitists personally I think its cool, I have a chinese telescopic sight on one of my rifles, leupold ordered a load of them to be made, once that batch was completed, the machines kept rolling, the optics, tubes and cintrols are identical to the leupold, why? Because it rolled off the same damned production line. Its my best scope, the light gathering capabilities are untrue and its stood up to five years of abuse on my tuned webly longbow a pretty hard hitting spring air rifle, one of the harshest environments a civilian scope will see.

You can hate the chinese for their flagrant copyright abuse, but the buggers cant half machine well.

Ive got one of these brass beauties and its amazing. Quality build and hard hitting.

Sent from somewhere in cloudy Kent

Raguri, one if these days we'll have to organise a neet up.

Seedy, cheers for that, I've not spike to anyone with a brass sentinel clone that doesn't praise it, I'm probably going to end up with one, I need a home for my prometheus clone (fucking awesome gennie by the way, seriously, get one).

Raguri, one if these days we'll have to organise a neet up.

Seedy, cheers for that, I've not spike to anyone with a brass sentinel clone that doesn't praise it, I'm probably going to end up with one, I need a home for my prometheus clone (fucking awesome gennie by the way, seriously, get one).

Well, I know i'll be at vapefest in the summer? :P
Other than that, I stay in my area... Have only met one guy off POTV, and he's now buggered off elsewhere :(

Back
Top Bottom