What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

tasered for vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but the guy was clearly told to get down on the ground - NOT reach behind your back. As usual this is a social media special that does not show what occurred before he got zapped. Maybe the cops were being bullies, maybe it was a case of the guy refusing to i.d. so the cops could give him a ticket or record a 'first offence warning' and events escalated from there.

One thing everyone should realise in a society where the police are armed is - if you are stopped by a cop for any reason - keep your hands where they can be seen and for fucks sake don't put your hands in your pockets or reach behind your back.

A lot of the comments below the clip on Twitter are claiming he was told to take his backpack off, then tased as he responded to that. Maybe there’s footage from before this clip? Whatever the truth is, I agree with you, I’d have had my hands in the air and kept them there, I’d have gone with the ‘get down on the ground!’ order.

Regardless, this is a fucked up excuse for policing, there were probably multiple opportunities to prevent this situation escalating. The kid was stood there with his hands up (to start with) there’s no way this should have gotten that far, I hope he does sue.

A lot of the comments below the clip on Twitter are claiming he was told to take his backpack off, then tased as he responded to that. Maybe there’s footage from before this clip? Whatever the truth is, I agree with you, I’d have had my hands in the air and kept them there, I’d have gone with the ‘get down on the ground!’ order.

Regardless, this is a fucked up excuse for policing, there were probably multiple opportunities to prevent this situation escalating. The kid was stood there with his hands up (to start with) there’s no way this should have gotten that far, I hope he does sue.

Maybe I'm deformed or something but if I take off a backpack my first reaction is to reach for the straps and slide them off my shoulders:hmm:..

Whatever really happened will probably remain a mystery unless the guy who filmed the incident releases a full version, If he does sue this film only shows him suddenly reach behind his back after the cop tells him to get down on the ground so I doubt he's on to a winner - comments on Twitter and public opinion don't carry much weight in a court room, and, right or wrong the cop has two 'reliable witnesses' who will support his version of events.

I totally agree this seems to have got way out of hand but without factual evidence who knows? I'm glad the cop took the non-lethal option, wether the kid deserved to ride the lightning is debatabe, but he's a contender for a Darwin Award.

It's time the world leaders all got together and found an equal system for all offences. Including rules on how police behave, the days of police backing each others version of events needs to stop. No loopholes for those with money to get away with shit, and bigger sentences for anyone in a position of power as they should know better. We need rules to deal with corruption, rather than shit rules that ruin everyday lives for the good of the rich and powerful. In truth we are all born equal so no one should be "in charge"

I agree with @Crispycritters that we don't know the full facts, but I struggle to see how that kind of escalation and reaction could be justified, and even taken at face value, it's not hard to imagine cops behaving that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom