What's new

Stoptober backs ecigs

In both of the 'celebrity' Stoptober support stories the celeb describes quitting by use of an e-cig device https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/stoptober...Yse5ozXymiWBoCq5cQAvD_BwE#2gyJ10YtGLmuvWhR.97 (arggghhk hate using that term, but it seems to be the one that the general public identify with vaping). The other vid clip I saw for Stoptober also featured some blokes story of quitting success by...vaping. I have yet to see any promotional material featuring an inspirational quit story using gum or patches ;) I did notice that the site puts e-cigs in a separate category from the 'stop smoking medicines'. Is this to get around the issue of refering to vaping as a smoking cessation method? To me they're blatantly touting e-cigs as a smoking cessation devices but I thought that claim was against the regs now?

@MrDJ - what newspapers are those pictured in your post? I'm planning on doing a Stoptober blog and would like to quote a snippet or two from those articles - thanks x

@MrDJ - what newspapers are those pictured in your post? I'm planning on doing a Stoptober blog and would like to quote a snippet or two from those articles - thanks x
top one is the Daily Express and the bottom one is the Sun.

It's a Pico with a Melo 3 - The bog standard Pico Kit package - which is not bad at all...
There you go, advertising vape on TV. I shall right to my MP and complain.
This highlights what a joke the TPD regs are. The govt on one hand is promoting use of vapes, but cancer research have their ad blocked by the Advertising Standards people.
This is going to be interesting for the future.

There you go, advertising vape on TV. I shall right to my MP and complain.
This highlights what a joke the TPD regs are. The govt on one hand is promoting use of vapes, but cancer research have their ad blocked by the Advertising Standards people.
This is going to be interesting for the future.
Ah, there are moves in place to change the ASA regs - You'll be allowed to mention vaping as long as you don't make medicinal claims seems to be the basics of it...
Capture.PNG

Heres the link to our News article...https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/news/vaping-news/2017-09-15_health-claims-in-ecig-ads.html

Back
Top Bottom