What's new

Stabwood mods And deforestation

It is sad to see this in our day.

I try to put the message across the best I can but all I see these days is post after post it’s like mass slaughter of rhinos and elephants why should anyone care as you don’t see nelly shopping in Tesco's....

It's not just sad to see, but it's very disturbing that the Brazillians have the attitude that it's their right to destroy the forrest to promote agriculture, which in turn, will produce even more greenhouse gasses.
Cattle is one of the biggest sources of methane.

How can we change this? Every country does whatever it wants with its natural resources. And the world community cannot influence this.

How can we change this?
Don't eat meat, shop locally, don't buy products made from rain forest materials, vote for a local MP/party who will put pressure on Brazil to change its stance, punch more kittens. Let's be honest, if anything is to blame then it'll be the cats.

How can we change this? Every country does whatever it wants with its natural resources. And the world community cannot influence this.
Maybe the rest of the world should set an example i.e. start planting a lot more trees instead of clearing them to develop land for other purposes. They won't though, because it costs money, with little financial return. While I think what Brazil are doing is shit, they're only following the rest, ok, maybe a lot more callously.

There would be a massive financial gain from planting trees. There was a report published the other day . It is by far the cheapest easiest and quickest way of reducing the planets carbon footprint.

"our house is burning" that's in the news

todd did a review and he put me init ok, I send him mods and alike and include a video of me and Alfie saying what the mod is the current market Alfie yawning etc

I mentioned in the video how much deforestation plays apart in stabwood mods it does, and he put me in his video review......

but it's not the loggers to blame the people who are doing this aren't the culprits the loggers are trying to feed their families what choice do they have

it's the consumers and the mod makers I read this every day see it every day on youtube, Instagram arse book

let's look at say one wood now I'm not blaming anyone this is just an example I've seen many people use this wood

zebrawood its a lovely wood origins in central Africa but search "zebrawood endangered"

top of the page

"It is listed as vulnerable due to a population reduction of over 20% in the past three generations, caused by a decline in its natural range. (A closely-related, lesser-used species in Cameroon, Microberlinia bisulcata, is also listed as critically endangered.)"

ok so what your a tree hugger stu save the planet ya hippy no I'm, not I'm realistic once it's gone, it's gone you may have a piece in your hand but that's all you will have

and still, I keep seeing this modmaker after modmaker selling rare wood mods or exotic wood mods, modmaking at the moment is going through a quiet patch its very quiet with all the Brexit problems we face its a difficult time sales are very low so make something else change if you have the skills make something else stop using something that your children may never see

4358138_orig.jpg

this is what you want to see

depositphotos_113816248-stock-photo-tree-stumps-after-deforestation-and.jpg

this is what you really see mile after mile

I expect I will get into trouble over this post slamming other makers etc I don't really care I would rather close down than use materials I know cant be replaced think about it.....

Last edited:
But aren't you a part of the problem Stu?

Surely not using stabwood at all would be the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom