Innokin
What's new

Snus ban challenge

Statement from Professor Gerry Stimson, NNA chair:

NNA wins the right to challenge the snus ban, 26 January 2017

The High Court today decided that the legal challenge against the snus ban
can be referred to the European Court of Justice. Swedish Match brought
the challenge. The Court ruled that NNA can join the case. NNA is fighting
for the right of access to lower risk nicotine products.

Vape Superstore
I had never heard of "Snus" until i started reading POTV,i still have never even seen any,let alone try them out,if they can help me cut down or quit vaping,i`m interested.

Very best of luck we get a chance to make another step to a healthier lifestyle and more of the human right,with freedom to choose for ourselves.

AcmeFog
I think they're great, just seeing pics of people with parts of their jaws removed put me off a bit, wether that be through snus or American chew.

With a strong one in your lip you'll get enough nicotine you'll be going about your daily business an then think, oh I haven't had a fag for hours.

@jessica what the hell is Snus? ?? Lol
All I can say is and I know it's a negative thought but going to court with anything to do with the TPD is one hell of a hard task, just ask Totally Wicked.
I will read up in what this post is all about and maybe comment back

The Electronic Cigarette Company
I think they're great, just seeing pics of people with parts of their jaws removed put me off a bit, wether that be through snus or American chew.

With a strong one in your lip you'll get enough nicotine you'll be going about your daily business an then think, oh I haven't had a fag for hours.
I've asked around and - while I'm very sure that snus wasn't responsible for people having parts of their jaws removed - I'm not sure on what was - whether it was gutka, paan, or something else.
Here's a link to the English text for the Snus Commission's report on the health effects of snus: http://snuskommissionen.se/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Snusets_halsoeffekter_A5_eng.pdf

I tried it for the first time the other day, I think it was a mild one - definitely a lot smoother than a Nicorette. Is snus particularly addictive? There must be studies on that somewhere - if I find one I'll post it here.
If you know of one that doesnt taste foul then I could do with knowing where from... as I think the reason I struggle to totally cut the ciggies is because I need the other tobacco alkaloids that are present in snus but not anything else... but tried it a while back and found it pretty unpleasant...

Vape Green
Spend a lot of time in Sweden and Norway and used to do a lot of snus before I started vaping... Still use snus on flights..Will be back in sweden next month so will be stocking up.. You can keep it long term in the freezer without it going off... Skruff Tranbar (cranberry) was my go to daily dose..
Watermelon by this lot is insanely good..
@city461 if you have any reccimendations that are not really strongly flavoured (found I struggled with ones I have tried) please let me know... still struggling to completely cut the smokes and think it may be due to the other things that are addictive in tobacco.. am considering getting some WTA eliquid and/or snus to see if that will help me..

Snus doesnt cause an increased risk of cancer... american chew does.. from all I have read on it... it is processed completely differently and while the american stuff has lots of added nasties snus doesnt... where it is commonly in use smoking rates are way down and so are smoking related cancers.. with a very low increase in oral cancer if any... wish I could remember where to find said articles as they were very helpful..

Vape Club
If you know of one that doesnt taste foul then I could do with knowing where from... as I think the reason I struggle to totally cut the ciggies is because I need the other tobacco alkaloids that are present in snus but not anything else... but tried it a while back and found it pretty unpleasant...
I've got two types sitting in the same tin so I can't be sure but I think I've been using Ettan vit (white) which is really mild but effective (for me) until I've been using it for about 15 minutes, then it starts to taste a bit ropy. I've just looked at a snus blog though and it looks like expert snus users keep it in for hours, not just fifteen minutes (I'm definitely not an expert snus user!). There are a few snus forums and Facebook groups around, maybe it would be worth looking at them.

Back
Top Bottom