What's new

*sigh* another pocket explosion

Well, looking at the image, if he was genuinely carrying around 3 unwrapped cells in his pocket, with change, then he is a top bellend.

I would like to think no one is that dumb, and the wrappers melted off due to the heat, but I doubt they would of completely gone like that.
So again it is another story of an exploding battery, not an 'E-cig' as reported. However, as a mod was in his pocket, along with unwrapped batteries, and change, it will be reported as a problem with vaping gear.

I don't think I will ever fully understand this one now more has come to light. I do carry spare batteries with me if I am out for the day. These are in a box though, and obviously have a wrapper on.
I wonder, does he also make toast in the bath?

I wonder, does he also make toast in the bath?

Lol yeah probably while he's watching the tv balanced on the end of the bath and using a hairdryer - but NOT for rewrapping his own batteries!

I guess some people just have to learn hard lessons the painful way. Shame about the lazy sensationalistic journalism tho because that guys lesson could save someone else's butt (literally!) if it was reported more objectively. Don't be scared of vaping devices, but respect your batteries handle them correctly and don't end up like this poor sod in the vid.

The way this video has been reported and presented to the public means that nothing of value is learned - a waste :(

toast.jpg

Now THAT is just stupid! Everyone knows you take off your clothes to take a bath!! What a tool! :p
Oh- thats where I have been going wrong! Do I put them back on after the bath though :s ?

In all seriousness though, what you said about the journalism is very true. This could of saved someone else from burns and possibly worse, if they had been fair in their reporting, and gave a little bit of information on simple battery safety.

I guess something along the lines of " Vaping is actually very safe and pretty much foolproof if you follow some very basic safety tips" vs " DANGER! Ecigs will blow your balls off and kill your dog!" doesn't sell as much stories and get people talking as much.

When I used to go to the pubs regularly, I often got told by people, who were usually off their faces, "Those things are dangerous and blow up". No matter what I told them, they was dangerous and much worse than their cigarettes.

Has anyone else experienced being told you will blow up?

It will only get worse now the quads are out, there will be muppets walking around with 8 batteries 2 inches from their gonads.

It will only get worse now the quads are out, there will be muppets walking around with 8 batteries 2 inches from their gonads.

Hey man, it's cold outside you know?
Needs must and all [emoji16].

Back
Top Bottom