What's new

*sigh* another pocket explosion

loose battery or mech mod with a constantly pressed button in his pocket .....common sense lacking again

loose battery or mech mod with a constantly pressed button in his pocket .....common sense lacking again

There's no reason a mech with a constantly pressed button should create sparks everywhere though, it would just heat your coil, the atty would get very hot, you might set your cotton alight and you'd feel that in your front pocket way before it did you any damage.

Those sparks are from a short, they have to be. ... I agree either loose or bad condition wrap in a mech or just a badly set up mech... or just a shitty mech.

There's no reason a mech with a constantly pressed button should create sparks everywhere though, it would just heat your coil, the atty would get very hot, you might set your cotton alight and you'd feel that in your front pocket way before it did you any damage.

Those sparks are from a short, they have to be. ... I agree either loose or bad condition wrap in a mech or just a badly set up mech... or just a shitty mech.
Depends on the battery and build. If you were running (for arguments sake) a 0.1ohm build and using a 25R the battery would eventually vent or go into thermal runaway if the button was held in as it exceeds the CDR of the cell.

Depends on the battery and build. If you were running (for arguments sake) a 0.1ohm build and using a 25R the battery would eventually vent or go into thermal runaway if the button was held in as it exceeds the CDR of the cell.

... that's what I'd call a 'badly set up mech' ;)

my motto is:

if you can't discharge the battery without it going into meltdown then you shouldn't be using it imo.... and if you do, then don't come crying when it blows your leg off. :D

I was too lazy to do a more thorough search to see if I could find any actual background/'facts' regarding that particular incident, I just kept getting pointed at more 'shocking' videos of people with exploding trousers and bags and gave up :(

My other half always has an exploding bottom. Pretty sure that's not from an e cig. :hmm:

... that's what I'd call a 'badly set up mech' ;)

my motto is:

if you can't discharge the battery without it going into meltdown then you shouldn't be using it imo.... and if you do, then don't come crying when it blows your leg off. :D
Not really, some of us run that low or lower without issues.
The incident was most likely a loose battery in a pocket with keys/change or a damaged battery wrap.
Let's face it the people who have these kinds of incidents are far from honest about the circumstances because they think they'll get compensated by the mod manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom