What's new

Should vaping be banned in public spaces ?

Lets visit my world, instead of your utopian one.

A couple of weeks ago I had to have a meeting with social services at my mothers house.
The social worker was there about an hour.
My mother does not smoke, but I do, so I did.

I may have to have a carer come in for an hour a day myself soon, due to pancreatitis, and diabetes.
I have also been told that as I own my own house, and have a reasonable amount of savings, and no debt that will have to pay for this myself.
Well if I am paying myself I will have who I want, and if they dont like me they can send a replacement.......

Personally I think it’s highly disrespectful to expect anybody who doesn’t smoke, who is doing a job in the caring professions and visiting you at home to support you with some kind of health problem, to put up with sitting for up to an hour in an environment stinking of fag smoke.

The fact that this social worker was visiting your mum, who dowsn’t even smoke herself, makes it even worse imo. What would you have done if the social worker told you to put your fag out? Refuse, and deny your mother her appointment with the social worker? ffs

Personally I think it’s highly disrespectful to expect anybody who doesn’t smoke, who is doing a job in the caring professions and visiting you at home to support you with some kind of health problem, to put up with sitting for up to an hour in an environment stinking of fag smoke.

The fact that this social worker was visiting your mum, who dowsn’t even smoke herself, makes it even worse imo. What would you have done if the social worker told you to put your fag out? Refuse, and deny your mother her appointment with the social worker? ffs
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This all day! Knowing what damage smoking and passive smoking does how the fuck can you act like that Bez? Personally I think your comments are simply because you wanna win a argument on here if not your coming across like a bit of a dick mate! Why would you want to potentially risk harming someone innocent who's there to do a job?

Lets visit my world, instead of your utopian one.

A couple of weeks ago I had to have a meeting with social services at my mothers house.
The social worker was there about an hour.
My mother does not smoke, but I do, so I did.

I may have to have a carer come in for an hour a day myself soon, due to pancreatitis, and diabetes.
I have also been told that as I own my own house, and have a reasonable amount of savings, and no debt that will have to pay for this myself.
Well if I am paying myself I will have who I want, and if they dont like me they can send a replacement.......

All i am saying is why not throw the fags away , you have been on here long enough now. So should really have learned by now that smoking is easy to quit if you vape. In some sense a i smoke argument on a vape forum isn't going to go down well with some folks. I am not telling you what to do it is your choice. personally i can't see the point of duel fuelling. You either want to quit smoking and put in the effort or you want to smoke which means its a waste of money buying vape gear. I say this often to a mate, he makes some shite excuses to why he's duel fuelling, like he is stressed, ok vape more and absorb more nicotine both vaping and smoking work the same for stress.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This all day! Knowing what damage smoking and passive smoking does how the fuck can you act like that Bez? Personally I think your comments are simply because you wanna win a argument on here if not your coming across like a bit of a dick mate! Why would you want to potentially risk harming someone innocent who's there to do a job?

I am certainly not "wanna win an argument"
Merely expressing my opinion, I thought that's what forum / discussion sites were for...........

You have your opinion.
I have mine.
It does not mean either of us is right, or wrong.

Oh please don't insinuate that I am a bit of a dick, that's not very polite.

I am certainly not "wanna win an argument"
Merely expressing my opinion, I thought that's what forum / discussion sites were for...........

You have your opinion.
I have mine.
It does not mean either of us is right, or wrong.

Oh please don't insinuate that I am a bit of a dick, that's not very polite.

So what would you have done if the social worker asked you to put your fags out?

All i am saying is why not throw the fags away , you have been on here long enough now. So should really have learned by now that smoking is easy to quit if you vape. In some sense a i smoke argument on a vape forum isn't going to go down well with some folks. I am not telling you what to do it is your choice. personally i can't see the point of duel fuelling. You either want to quit smoking and put in the effort or you want to smoke which means its a waste of money buying vape gear. I say this often to a mate, he makes some shite excuses to why he's duel fuelling, like he is stressed, ok vape more and absorb more nicotine both vaping and smoking work the same for stress.

There are certain circumstances where I smoke instead of vape.
Work for example does not allow vaping, except in the same area as the smokers, so if I have to go out in the freezing cold at this time of the year, and mingle with smokers I may as well have a cigarette myself.

Actually my mother did not want the social worker there, also in my opinion the social worker was quite disrespectful to my mother.
So if she had decided to leave I think my mother would have been perfectly happy :)

Actually my mother did not want the social worker there, also in my opinion the social worker was quite disrespectful to my mother.
So if she had decided to leave I think my mother would have been perfectly happy :)

Wouldn’t it have been easier just to ask her to leave, then?

Wouldn’t it have been easier just to ask her to leave, then?

Well unfortunately the family need some help, and advice from social services.
In fact my wife, and my brother were at the same meeting.

The trouble is that when we try to set up some help / discussion over my mothers situation they always send round this same social worker.

My wife has had several meetings, and said previously that she was disrespectful to my mother.
This time I witnessed it personally, and was not pleased at all.
So I am not sure where we go from here................

Sometimes health and social service workers are not exactly welcome in a person's home. I've been in the situation more than once where it was a case of letting them come in or knowing that they may well call the police and let themselves in. Mostly I would've been smoking and put the cig out when they knocked. Only a couple of times did I smoke when they were there. I did once tell a police officer they were welcome to fuck off if they didn't like me smoking in my own home, since it's not illegal yet. This was a few years back: not how I normally behave :oops2:

@Badboybez I think it's a shame you're still dual fuelling, especially with your health concerns. So you have to stand with the smokers at work ... it doesn't automatically follow that you might as well smoke.

Back
Top Bottom