What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Should vaping be banned in public spaces ?

I am not sure who would class a strip of concrete next to a railway track as "premises"

Anyway, as you quote "all train operating companies and Network Rail have worked together under their own by-laws to prohibit smoking in all areas of their premises"
So again it is a rule made up by a company................
The only difference in making it into a bye law is that the fine decided by the railway can be enforced in a magistrates court if you refuse to pay it.

Ok, glad we agree it’s illegal.

I'm pretty sure if the contractor pushed the point, I think they'd be legally entitled to refuse to work at your house if they felt strongly enough, especially where smoking is concerned.

Very true, but I would also be entitled to tell them to piss off, and get a different contractor in. :)

Aye people can refuse to work in a house if you insist on smoking. For example social workers etc can ask people not to smoke for 1/2 an hour before they visit.

Aye people can refuse to work in a house if you insist on smoking. For example social workers etc can ask people not to smoke for 1/2 an hour before they visit.

Didn't say they couldn't, just said they would rapidly be replaced by somebody else...................

2 sides. 1 vaping is not allowed because it looks like smoking, thus the fact that both are not allowed in most places
2. If smokers knew they could vape anywhere would it add to the amount of people who would quit smoking. I feel it might do

Didn't say they couldn't, just said they would rapidly be replaced by somebody else...................

Not if it was a social worker, health professional, worker from some other public body. They wouldn’t send somebody else just because you refused to not smoke.

Not if it was a social worker, health professional, worker from some other public body. They wouldn’t send somebody else just because you refused to not smoke.

Lets visit my world, instead of your utopian one.

A couple of weeks ago I had to have a meeting with social services at my mothers house.
The social worker was there about an hour.
My mother does not smoke, but I do, so I did.

I may have to have a carer come in for an hour a day myself soon, due to pancreatitis, and diabetes.
I have also been told that as I own my own house, and have a reasonable amount of savings, and no debt that will have to pay for this myself.
Well if I am paying myself I will have who I want, and if they dont like me they can send a replacement.......

They can ban vaping in public when they close every pub and stop people drinking alcohol and smoking fags.

Lets visit my world, instead of your utopian one.

A couple of weeks ago I had to have a meeting with social services at my mothers house.
The social worker was there about an hour.
My mother does not smoke, but I do, so I did.

I may have to have a carer come in for an hour a day myself soon, due to pancreatitis, and diabetes.
I have also been told that as I own my own house, and have a reasonable amount of savings, and no debt that will have to pay for this myself.
Well if I am paying myself I will have who I want, and if they dont like me they can send a replacement.......

Look I’m just stating a fact. Councils, health boards and social care providers all have policies these days that say workers can refuse to go in a house if somebody insists on smoking fags in front of them. That’s just a fact, there’s no point arguing about it.

They don’t have to refuse to go in, or insist you don’t smoke, it’s their choice. But some of them do, and they’re perfectly entitled to do so.

Back
Top Bottom