What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Passenger fumes as people vape on the Luas beside her despite it being prohibited

i think personaly i would of had a moan too, when i have to get a bus usualy im only on them for 20 mins max, & i can go that long with out a vape.

its pretty ignorant to vape on a tram, or a bus or in an enclosed space the same way it would be to smoke in the same places, takeaway the health risks from passive smoking and its just rude,

Ok maybe it’s a bit rude but for fuck sake, the moaner is worried she’ll catch all kinds of diseases from toxic vape fumes. The vaper was probably vaping a little pound shop stick I doubt s/he was clouding the place out with some smok kit or a big mad dripper and it would have smelled like artificial strawberries at worst. I was on the subway one day and some clown started spraying himself with deodorant. I think that’s far more intrusive but it wouldn’t end up on the news.

A hypothetical example. I am vaping in a cubicle in a toilet. You go in the next cubicle. You can’t see, hear or smell it. Is it rude?

Ok maybe it’s a bit rude but for fuck sake, the moaner is worried she’ll catch all kinds of diseases from toxic vape fumes. The vaper was probably vaping a little pound shop stick I doubt s/he was clouding the place out with some smok kit or a big mad dripper and it would have smelled like artificial strawberries at worst. I was on the subway one day and some clown started spraying himself with deodorant. I think that’s far more intrusive but it wouldn’t end up on the news.

Mate, you just made all that up .... she said nothing about diseases or that they were toxic, she just found it unpleasant. There's no evidence to suggest it was a poundshop stick either....... artificial strawberries at worst? .... if it was a poundshop stick it could have been one of those really cheap rank tobaccos that smell like wet musty newspaper mixed with joss sticks.

I agree this shouldn't be a news story but this woman didn't create this news story, she just asked for conformation via twitter if it was allowed. It's not her fault that lazy journos who troll through twitter trying to make a story out of nothing made it into a bigger issue than it really is.

A hypothetical example. I am vaping in a cubicle in a toilet. You go in the next cubicle. You can’t see, hear or smell it. Is it rude?

No ruder than taking a massive dump and stinking the place out. :D

Mate, you just made all that up .... she said nothing about diseases or that they were toxic, she just found it unpleasant. There's no evidence to suggest it was a poundshop stick either....... artificial strawberries at worst? .... if it was a poundshop stick it could have been one of those really cheap rank tobaccos that smell like wet musty newspaper mixed with joss sticks.

I agree this shouldn't be a news story but this woman didn't create this news story, she just asked for conformation via twitter if it was allowed. It's not her fault that lazy journos who troll through twitter trying to make a story out of nothing made it into a bigger issue than it really is.

But did she need to ask the question publicly via twitter? I think it's bunk. I bet she's a serial complainer.

But did she need to ask the question publicly via twitter? I think it's bunk. I bet she's a serial complainer.

maybe she doesn't even exist and the whole thing is fabricated and the woman tweeting was actually someone from the newssite creating a story because they are anti-vaping ... maybe the vaper didn't even exist.

either way, it's a not a story that deserves attention, and definitely not worth getting annoyed about. .... looks to me like they are just trying to create a more interesting headline than "Tram company clarifies it's position on vaping"

Ok maybe it’s a bit rude but for fuck sake, the moaner is worried she’ll catch all kinds of diseases from toxic vape fumes. Really ? How can you tell ?
The vaper was probably vaping a little pound shop stick I doubt s/he was clouding the place out with some smok kit or a big mad dripper Really ? How can you tell ?
and it would have smelled like artificial strawberries at worst. Really ? How can you tell ?
I was on the subway one day and some clown started spraying himself with deodorant. I think that’s far more intrusive but it wouldn’t end up on the news.

Maybe it was the vaper themselves that sent the tweet and didn't want to say something like "I'm vaping on the train, is this allowed?" in case the garda got on at the next stop...

"i'm smoking out the LUAS with my cloud monster. Is this ok?"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom