What's new

OH FFS NOT AGAIN!!!!

Once that bill hits the door mat you are in for a world of shit [emoji23]
Pfft. It'll be the children and their obsession with having baths and being clean. Either that or I'll tell the wife it's because the lad's online gaming uses more electricity than normal computer use.

Pfft. It'll be the children and their obsession with having baths and being clean. Either that or I'll tell the wife it's because the lad's online gaming uses more electricity than normal computer use.
Don't forget her hair straighteners and also her using the washing machine [emoji6]

Every time I read a thread like this, I always think the same thing. We swear at this guy and tell him he's an idiot, and he should have looked into "battery safety" before he went near an e-cig.

So I went away to look into lithium batteries, even trying to understand how batteries work (flashbacks of physics class), etc. Thought I'd kind of got to grips with it all, went off looking to buy some... And as almost a throwaway comment on a vendor's website it mentions why you don't just shove these in your pocket unprotected. I mean, major piece of info I had somehow not come across!

Believe it or not, I am not an idiot. And I really am a scaredy cat so really did think I had looked up "battery safety". But without knowing what I'm looking up, how was I to know I had looked it up, kind of thing?

There is some responsibility on vendors to give information about safety. My local vape shop is a case in point, I don't recall any occasion where a customer has been told about battery safety, been given a case for there batteries, in a lot of cases they're simply not aware of any issues they need to be aware of, especially if they've only had something with a built in battery. If someone is spending £50+ surely a bit of info and a battery case promotes safe vaping

I bought a mod from a reputable online supplier and they sold me completely the wrong battery, probably because it was the most expensive on offer.

Had I carried on using it and not raised my concerns here I'd probably only have half a face left.

Who's to say that he wasn't informed by the vendor and just ignored it and thought "explode in my pocket.. What nonsense..."

There is some responsibility on vendors to give information about safety. My local vape shop is a case in point, I don't recall any occasion where a customer has been told about battery safety, been given a case for there batteries, in a lot of cases they're simply not aware of any issues they need to be aware of, especially if they've only had something with a built in battery. If someone is spending £50+ surely a bit of info and a battery case promotes safe vaping

Yup I agree, when I got my Fuchai with two batteries the guy in the shop gave me a plastic case for the batteries and warned me to keep away from change, keys etc which was useful, also said he had blown one by his own error by leaving it unprotected in his pocket, warns everyone of the dangers which is good.

Back
Top Bottom