What's new

MHRA regulation of electronic cigarettes announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I done my best to stay on topic but you refused to join or walk away, what can one do...
This is no fun at all for me, you get to hunt out all the witty pictures and do some funny name calling whereas I have to try and continue my exploration of what is and what could be...

Despite being totally pro vaping, shocked and horrified by the retarded decisions of our glorious leaders and the fact that just saying no we don't want this will have zero effect on the outcome other than to waste time and energy better used to construct something better, or at least offer suggestions to those that know how, I'm accused of being a troll possibly pro MHRA and constantly misunderstood.

Loved the last Troll picture, I'm guessing Donald Sutherland - Invasion of the body Snatchers. Excellent choice.

You've made all your points.. repeatedly. The only reason I can see for your continuing to post is either to bump up your post count or to try and 'make a name' for yourself to get yourself some 'street cred'.

Let it go.

...or just carry on being a
troll.jpg

Your choice (shrug)

Basically everytime you buy froma UK vendor who is registered on these forums they are complying with all of those existing regulations to do with e-cigs and related stuff. Everytime you buy from fasttech or similar chinese import companies they are complying with NONE of those regulations. In the EU you have a lot of recourse against poor service from a vendor - that along with things like charging VAT is why buying from a UK vendor is lots more expensive.

There's already lots of existing regulations we have to follow. What we need is age restrictions as part of the law, and ideally a good way of getting e-liquids tested, perhaps needing to have each batch tested before sale was permitted for purity and quality (so that what it says in mg on the label is what is in the bottle and there are no bad chemicals in there) and to do that would need an improved system so that juice could be tested in a week or so for a couple hundred quid a batch at most.

We do not need over the top medicines regulation - e-cigs aren't a medicine. We don't need lumping in with tobacco control cos e-cigs don't contain tobacco. We do need a new category for these products and appropriate legislation. If we want these things then we do need to fight for them, and not fight each other in the process.

So we agree, legislation and an approved regulatory body is needed to help centralise batch testing of juice and maybe devise materials by ROHS.
Centralised testing would seriously decrease costs and improve turn around time ?
MHRA is too much and inappropriate as it's not medical, maybe something such as a modification of something in the food category would fit better and be less intrusive, maybe I'm not mental after all being as this is posted by a Vendor..
Age restrictions is a no brainer there are enough models in place, films, tobacco and alcohol so easy to understand and enforce..

You've made all your points.. repeatedly. The only reason I can see for your continuing to post is either to bump up your post count or to try and 'make a name' for yourself to get yourself some 'street cred'.

Let it go.

...or just carry on being a
View attachment 8557

Your choice (shrug)

You think that ?
Oh dear, maybe a well constructed argument or agreement would have been enough instead of hostile cries of we want to be left alone, it's happening, the wheels are in motion time for more than just disapproval I'm a afraid...
Thankfully a Vendor has at least agreed to some degree that something is needed to categorise and standardise vaping and it is most defiantly not the current proposal..

As for post count I was doing really well at that posting silly pictures and a few comments in the 'Last one to post is' thread, much less typing and hostility I found...

You think that ?
Oh dear, maybe a well constructed argument or agreement would have been enough instead of hostile cries of we want to be left alone, it's happening, the wheels are in motion time for more than just disapproval I'm a afraid...
Thankfully a Vendor has at least agreed to some degree that something is needed to categorise and standardise vaping and it is most defiantly not the current proposal..

As for post count I was doing really well at that posting silly pictures and a few comments in the 'Last one to post is' thread, much less typing and hostility I found...

Last edited by a moderator:
Whilst a moment of silence has descended upon the cruel earth, lets close this thread for the night to open again later, both sides have valid points amongst the aspersions casts, vacuity, etc, you all win at being correct and have all had the last word and everyone agrees with all of you, but you especially, whoever you are, and I stand by my earlier call, but with flowers and shit, and my masonic overlords thank you all.

Testcard_F.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom