What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Italian Juice Tax

just out of curiosity how much is a pack of cigs out there now and are they banning menthol cigs like in the uk. average in the uk is £10.30 a pack of 20 (11.63 euro)
sounds like someone in government has had a back hander from big tobacco or pharma companies.
I had to check online as it's been 4 years and a half since my last cigarette. a pack of marlboro is 5.20 euro so not very expensive compared to what you're used to in the uk. as a matter of fact, i remember coming to the uk during summer from my 14 to 18 years old and the fags were already crazy expensive (compared to italy).
of course big tobacco is pushing real hard to fuck vaping but nothing has been proved(nor looked into:i remember something about money given to this and that big politician foundations but that's not a crime,is it? also miss vicari who is an absolute zero in the italian political zoo,never heard of her before and even her party is a joke, has been investigated-not sure this is the right word-because it seems that she received a couple of rolex watches to promote a lowering in the iva-i think you call it vat- for i don't remember what kind of products. depressing and disgusting).

i'm not sure about menthol. I was with a friend this summer and she bought some menthol cigarettes which had a button on the filter or something like that to "ignite" different amounts of menthol in the fag. I didn't ask more informations though

edit:just Googled miss simona vicari. she is facing with other politicians a corruption investigation because they pulled some strings to lower vat for nautical transports. she refused to answer the judge questions but sent through her lawyers a written defence and surrended the rolex which she considered an innocent xmas gift. brilliant, isn't she?

Last edited:
I'm going to Rome in the new year, I will have to make sure I pack enough juice, I don't want to be paying monopoly money for 10mls.

More likely they've realised that if everyone who smokes quits or switches to vaping the govt would go bankrupt.

I thought the Italian government was already pretty bankrupt.........................

I thought the Italian government was already pretty bankrupt.........................
well, we pay nearly 60% of taxes so no, it's not bankrupt [emoji48]
if i could keep 70% of what i earn every month i would drive a Maserati

Back
Top Bottom