What's new

Innokin.... Sell outs!

See whilst I agree that Big T are looking to sideswipe vaping at some point in the future and infiltrate and conquer the industry I still think that right now they’re less of an enemy than pharma.
I also don’t blame innokin really as Matt and Rickster said.

But that’s just me.

See whilst I agree that Big T are looking to sideswipe vaping at some point in the future and infiltrate and conquer the industry I still think that right now they’re less of an enemy than pharma.
I also don’t blame innokin really as Matt and Rickster said.

But that’s just me.
I think that's the biggest current issue bud your right. Pharma is seeing big profit margins appearing in supplying bucket "o" juice to be decanted by New smaller liquid companies. Look at supermarket foods. I've seen cream at st ivel being decanted into packaging for all the supermarkets and sandwiches at toft foods being made in thousands and labelled up for different coffee shops and supermarkets. ( all at different price points appropriate to the reputation of the shop).
We could soon be in a situation where no mater which brand of eliquid you prefer it's ultimately coming from the same vat at the pharma company.
Small juice companies will never grow beyond cottage industry or disappear altogether.
An awful lot of issues are going to appear.

IM all for getting people of stinkys but this is big tobacco, How long till they start adding chemicals that not needed into eliquid etc to make them addictive.

Which could be a good thing....as they will stop lobbying against and promote alternatives, such as vaping.

Big tobacco and pharma will use regulations to their advantage. Most independent vape brands cannot survive the costs to deliver to market, heavily regulated products. PMTA's in the US on average costs $400,000 to over $1 million. Any changes to a product or design requires a new PMTA.

BT/BP does have deep enough pockets so if they proceed with heavy regulation, we will see one of two things happen.
1. BT/BP gobbles up all of the brands and everyone is back to being bedfellows. BT/BP win.
2. The independent brands will have to manufacture in BT/BP facilities to meet ridiculous federal requirements for e-liquids and other consumables and likely have to co brand in order to get new products to market. BT/BP win. There are a few exceptions for some of the more established Chinese brands, but they are more the exception than the norm.

The costs for everything will go through the roof across the globe and vaping will essentially be transformed into disposable pod systems and nic salt e-liquids. Fully disposable for the purposes of recurring revenue.

IMO the only way vaping as we know it survives and continues its natural evolution is to get the regulations off the table and free the market. If Vaping in any country such as the US or UK is regulated to the point of tobacco products or effectively regulated out of existence. It will create a ripple effect. We all will feel it.

IM all for getting people of stinkys but this is big tobacco, How long till they start adding chemicals that not needed into eliquid etc to make them addictive.
Eliquid is already addictive if it contains nicotine as for them adding chemicals take your foil hat of there bud we have regulations now from the TRPR that would prevent them doing such a thing [emoji23]

The future is a different market, big companies will dominate.

Small companies need to be working on expansion plans in detail, strategising and investing, or prepare to find other careers.

Sad but true.

Back
Top Bottom