What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

India’s government approves ban on e-cigarettes

On a personal note, I'm going on a cruise of the east next year.

First port - Thailand - vaping banned, ffs.

Last port - India - vaping banned, ffs.

Somebody pass me the Nicorette spray.
Your be okay with a decent stealth vape..

Your be okay with a decent stealth vape..

Like I said it's a personal perspective, I'm sure I will cope for the couple of days I'm in those countries. I really feel sorry for the vapers in those countries, they have to live with this for ever. Give up cold turkey or start smoking again, not much of a choice.

Vapers slams government over e-cigarette ban

http://www.newindianexpress.com/nat...-government-over-e-cigarette-ban-2035554.html

"From the start, the government has not been considerate about public health or public welfare, backing biased scientific evidence which has been rebutted by scientists from across the world for cherry-picking and misinterpreting research to target Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS)," said Choudhary.

I don’t have the words :( What an absolute fucking disgrace.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

unpopular opinion time.

India has 100 million smokers
A population on average of 1.3 billion
900k die every year because of smoking
Half of India had banned vaping anyway before this.

So taking all of this into account;

If 10% give or take smoke and 10% of them die every year then they replace each person with a new smoker. I dont think India care its been banned! I really think the people who care the most about it are uk people on social media spreading lies and mis information about the whole thing. Quite sad that this is where society is now, news isnt reported, it is spread via this means and taken as gospel.

but yeah, ive read so much about it the last 24 hours from other people online but the facts seem to say that India dont really want to vape, certainly not like we did. Vaping is entirely a western market and India represent a potential market rather than an existing one.

It really isnt here nor there that India have banned it. If america banned the import/sales of vaping devices then that would be a major impact absolutely. Or if the EU stopped the sales as a whole. India, not so much.

Its like, did you know the chinese dont vape? They make the bloody things we use yet they are trying to get something on the market there to convince them to stop smoking. Its culture, and the eastern culture on smoking is entirely different to ours.

But John smith on facebook in his living room in berkshire seems to think that it will bring the end of vaping as an industry or run prices up etc

unpopular opinion time.

India has 100 million smokers
A population on average of 1.3 billion
900k die every year because of smoking
Half of India had banned vaping anyway before this.

So taking all of this into account;

If 10% give or take smoke and 10% of them die every year then they replace each person with a new smoker. I dont think India care its been banned! I really think the people who care the most about it are uk people on social media spreading lies and mis information about the whole thing. Quite sad that this is where society is now, news isnt reported, it is spread via this means and taken as gospel.

but yeah, ive read so much about it the last 24 hours from other people online but the facts seem to say that India dont really want to vape, certainly not like we did. Vaping is entirely a western market and India represent a potential market rather than an existing one.

It really isnt here nor there that India have banned it. If america banned the import/sales of vaping devices then that would be a major impact absolutely. Or if the EU stopped the sales as a whole. India, not so much.

Its like, did you know the chinese dont vape? They make the bloody things we use yet they are trying to get something on the market there to convince them to stop smoking. Its culture, and the eastern culture on smoking is entirely different to ours.

But John smith on facebook in his living room in berkshire seems to think that it will bring the end of vaping as an industry or run prices up etc

Did you not watch Vic’s video? 42 million Indians vape. More than US, Europe and UK put together and doubled.

It’s the vaping industry’s biggest market. How do you not think that’s going to have an impact!

Did you not watch Vic’s video? 42 million Indians vape. More than US, Europe and UK put together and doubled.

It’s the vaping industry’s biggest market. How do you not think that’s going to have an impact!
haha yes i did see it.

And i posted in his facebook group to point out he got his information completely wrong!

40 million worldwide vape, not in india. the actual number of Indian vapers is unknown but one figure someone told me last night was anywhere between 500k -5 million , nothing compared to the population or total number of smokers.

This is what i was trying to raise to vic that noone cared in the group about. He is creating content with false information and this false information is spreading about everywhere. He hasnt fact checked that video and gone on the hysteria rather than fact based it.

Like half the country already banned it prior to this, genuinely. Another glaring omission from his video

For the record for anyone who has watched Vic mullen (vaping with vic) video on the subject; he has based all his opinion around the wrong information.

India doesnt have 40 million vapers

India isnt one of the biggest vaping markets in the world, FAR from it actually.

We wont see a massive knock on effect from India banning it as they half banned it already.

_101813687_chart-numberofvapersglobally-4qmmk-nc.png

_108797106_fc2e6ed1-46a7-4c7d-9a45-2e9b1780aa9b-nc.png

from BBC - dunno how true all this crap is....
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44295336

not sure about just how popular pods/closed system are tbh.....
well I see more people with reg setups that can be refilled
most of which resemble the e-stick or mod/tank setup most of us use.....

_108797107_d385e0de-a52d-49ef-8fcd-d6215074bf91.png

just pointing out what I see with my own eyes, might be different if I worked in office
but I see a lot more open systems (I think) when I'm out & about

ninja'd by @SirLugg lol

ps - not the first time vic got on his high horse (neigh - whinny - bray etc.....)

Back
Top Bottom