What's new

I heard rumour, govs secretly passing law.

I guess a lot of you guys are pretty laid back, but if you want to keep on vaping in the future then your gonna HAVE to get politically motivated.

1. Get on Twitter, you dont really have to post, but it's a great source of immediate information.
2. Sign this: http://www.saveecigs.com/uk-letter/4579166095
3. Watch VTTV (Thursdays are best for info)
4. Write to you MP/MEP and explain your situation, better still, go see them with ALL your vaping gear, and tell him/her what it means to you.

We all need to do something or vaping (as we know it) will be killed off.

Up to you guys.

I've just sent my MP a copy of Mr Krakens blog,& will try & get an appointment to see the man in person(but he's not known as Jedi for nothing)

Not sure if it has already been mentioned, but I think having those in the public eye making efforts to put the message across would be benefical. Actors etc, I know there have been a couple seen using Ecigs on TV, but does anybody know of any such person who has been questioned and has spoken out about them on TV? Any link would be cool.

Thing is, it's not going to last forever. I now have 1 litre of 72mg nic, which (providing it keeps long enough) could keep me going for years, but stockpiles will degrade eventually (most estimates are the they can be kept in optimum condition for up to 2 years of kept in the freezer), and we'd use them up eventually.

As things stand now, I have no intention of ever giving up vaping. I've liked smoking for nearly 30 years - if vaping provides me with a similar but safer pursuit, I'm happy to carry on.

The political and social attitudes towards the pastime are illogical overreactions - not to mention full of double-standards - we mustn't have anything on the market that tastes nice in case children want to try it, yet we live in a social and political culture that has, over one generation, eroded all taboos and rules about children and alcohol. Where once (in my lifetime) it was unthinkable to take a child into a pub, it's now actively encouraged with kids' meals, colouring books and playgrounds. As far as I know, the law forbidding any child to be within sight of the bar is still in force, but it's universally ignored be parents, landlords and police.

God forbid a child might try an e-cig (which is exponentially safer than them drinking apple flavoured vodka), but it's perfectly fine to have a child sit & watch a parent get plastered all Saturday afternoon in the pub!

Aye, you're preaching to the choir luv.

I'm painfully aware of the implications and have spent the last few years trying to get as self sufficient as possible. I've learned to mix my own juices, build my own devices, use rebuildable atties and stockpiled mixing supplies.

I'd encourage everyone else to do similar if possible.

If/when these medical regs are brought into force, how many vapers will find that they can't get on with the crappy regulated products and end up going back to the fags?

I don't intend to be one of them and I'm doing what I can to keep myself and my mum vaping instead of smoking.

We can moan and bitch all we want but if they're determined to do it, they'll do it regardless of any bitching and let whoever happens to be in power when/if the regs get legally challenged deal with the aftermath.

I've been looking into this for a few years now, I don't think I'm missing any points and I make no apologies for trying to protect my own health and that of my mum's.

If you want to put all your faith in corrupt officials doing the 'right' thing eventually then feel free to do so but I don't trust the feckers as far as I could throw them.

MrKraken, I am more than happy to take the blame mate! I've just read your blog, and I think it is brilliant.

What you have said makes perfect sense. It is achievable and not inhibitive to responsible vendors who understand their market and have serious regard for the safety and wellbeing of their clients.

As has already been said (sorry, I can't refer to specific posts, as they disappear of my screen when I reply!), now is the time to once again ramp up the letter writing and face to face meetings to get our concerns understood, and hopefully get those that have the right influence in parliament to see how ludicrous medical regulation would be.

Just because nicotine has always been classified as a poison or medicine in the UK is no reason to keep it that way, especially in the case of vaping, as I am still able to buy a pack of twenty cigarettes, which are classified as neither, but a consumer product.

Aye, you're preaching to the choir luv.

I'm painfully aware of the implications and have spent the last few years trying to get as self sufficient as possible. I've learned to mix my own juices, build my own devices, use rebuildable atties and stockpiled mixing supplies.

I'd encourage everyone else to do similar if possible.

If/when these medical regs are brought into force, how many vapers will find that they can't get on with the crappy regulated products and end up going back to the fags?

I don't intend to be one of them and I'm doing what I can to keep myself and my mum vaping instead of smoking.

We can moan and bitch all we want but if they're determined to do it, they'll do it regardless of any bitching and let whoever happens to be in power when/if the regs get legally challenged deal with the aftermath.

I've been looking into this for a few years now, I don't think I'm missing any points and I make no apologies for trying to protect my own health and that of my mum's.

If you want to put all your faith in corrupt officials doing the 'right' thing eventually then feel free to do so but I don't trust the feckers as far as I could throw them.

Nicely put steffijade. If one thing has been illustrated in all of this is exactly what you have said, "If they are minded to do it, it will happen, regardless".

I've never been particularly political, and seeing the underhanded tactics used by McAvan et al, and the bullshit written by Jeremy Hunt to politicians has left no doubt in my mind that the whole political system is self serving for the majority of MPs.

It's a shame that the potential massive good that can be had from a suitably regulated (the "Kraken" model) product just can't be seen by those who have the power to either make it a phenomenal leap forward in health improvement, or drive it underground and in effect make criminals out of law abiding people whose only aim is to improve their health and exercise their freedom of choice.

Call me a Harlequin Trousered Jester of a blazing optimist if you must, but they are not going to ban e-cigarettes. Not for any length of time anyway.

It would be a very unpopular law and would fly in the face of a lot of scientific research.

The EU presidency is currently with Lithuania, who are very pro ban. After the end of December the EU preisdency moves to Greece very anti ban. As I understand it right now they are scrambling like fuck (they being Linda McAvan and her cronies) to get the TPD passed before the end of the year to be the headline "lets be seen to be tough on smoking so we can all be smug to our constituents and tell them we are looking out for their health" kind of thing for Lithuania.

See the recent letter by Jeremy Hunt informing the tory MEPs and LibDemMEPs who got Am170 through the plenary vote recently that they've been very naughty boys and girls and the UK Govt. wants to regulate as medicines and they should all do well to remember that during the Trilogue thing that's happening now.

They might well manage to mangle the TPD to basically ban e-cigs by 2016. BUT and this is a larger than life, humungous monster of a Dwarfing J-Lo sized BUT there's a general election on the horizon in the UK and any party that wants to get re-elected is going to face an uphill battle to do that in 2015 if something like 15% of the UK electorate are vapers by that point and are all politically motivated to vote based on this point.

They aint seen nothing yet. The amount of noise we would all collectively raise and start making to our local MPs would be a lot, and legislation banning vaping would be very unpopular amongst vapers and friends/family of vapers who have seen an improvement in things since their friend/loved one started vaping.

The ship has bolted, the horse has sailed. Too late too late will be the cry, the window of opportunity to stifle vaping has long since passed them by.

Back
Top Bottom