What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Horizon: Dr Michael Mosley

Mark

Legend
Not sure how many of you have heard of this guy. he has done a number of TV programmes on health matters, alcohol, weight loss etc

In October he did a short piece here:

Well I heard from someone on Twitter that he has announced he will be doing a Horizon programme soon. I 'followed' him on Twitter to see what I could find out

IMG_8176.PNG

Looks like he is actually going to start vaping as part of his own experiment. Can't help but feel, despite his scientific approach to what he does, that as a lifelong NON smoker (and massively anti-smoking) he will find negatives in the experience. Could be interesting though

Ok, so he's a non smoker and yes he's bound to find negatives due to this. However, the simple fact that he's going down this route of trying it means that he should be able to see the positives. It also means he'll be able to talk to a lot more vapers that are going to be less worried about how what they say might be taken out of context. It's not like he's going to take up vaping with a ce4 and sit in his room for a month. He's going to get out and meet other vapers at meets and the such. I think it's a good approach for an Horizon programme

I'm not so sure he will get out and meet other vapers. When he has previously tested himself with various diets and so on it's normally involved a lot of science based health checks in a clinic to monitor the effects. I could be wrong though. It would be excellent to record some success stories instead of all the doom and gloom.
I found with these things they always find some Herbert in a bar vaping who says 'nah mate I only use these where I cant smoke..I probably smoke more ha ha' or 'they make me cough more than Bensons' etc
But, given his track record I like to be optimistic where I can ;)

Is it an "experiment"? I would have thought it's more of a good journalistic approach to make a TV programme.

Certainly that short video seems well balanced.
I think that a horizon program will probably be a good thing.
I generally like his stuff.

Is it an "experiment"? I would have thought it's more of a good journalistic approach to make a TV programme.
Bit of both. If he hasn't vaped before, why try it yourself if not to 'experiment'? . All I meant.

Bit of both. If he hasn't vaped before, why try it yourself if not to 'experiment'? . All I meant.

I was a bit stumped as to why he would do such a thing. He's not going to get high, drunk, or keel over and die so apart from a cough and/or nic queasiness he's going to be wondering "What the fuck?!" :)

Different slant, maybe he's going to vape and see the actual results on the body.
Does it affect blood pressure, 02 levels, alter brain chemistry, leave pg/vg residue on lungs?? etc etc

Different slant, maybe he's going to vape and see the actual results on the body.
Does it affect blood pressure, 02 levels, alter brain chemistry, leave pg/vg residue on lungs?? etc etc

nic is a stimulant so yes i will increase bp slightly

02 levels your breathing shit into your lungs that is not oxygen

alter it from what starting point?

Back
Top Bottom