What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Have you seen the E-Lites TV ad yet?

I vape in front of my kids and my 4 yr old can tell the difference. It all comes down to parenta educating thier kids. Thats our job unfortunately some daft parents out there dont do it or shelter thier kids and the governments nannies have to pick up the slack.

I vape infront of my kid all the time.
It's interesting that since starting nursery he had a few month of insisting that it was smoke. When I never really used the word in front of him, and always smoked outside of the house.
I guess the teach them young about the evil smokers but there is no 'vaping' paragraph in the text book yet :)

I think this advert is brilliant, although i do agree some people may look at the advert and suggest they are promoting vaping infront of young children.

Here's the E-Lites radio advert, which is a lot more specific that the TV commercial. My personal view is that the radio ad is more effective than the television ad - but full credit to E-Lites for actually getting an advert on mainstream TV.

Click here to have a listen (Mp3)

This is on Absolute radio every main ad break, and it seems every other "mini break". :D

[FONT=&quot]The following article might be of interest; it gives a bit more on the background of the advert

E-Lites Electronic Cigarette Breaks Advertising Ground

Back in 1991 a number of televisionstaples disappeared from our screens. This was the year that UK viewers saw thecredits roll on popular shows such as Bergerac, Brush Strokes and Dallas forthe final time. As a nation stopped asking what Willis was talking about, andmarveling at how John Nettles' face was the same shape as Jersey, anotherregular fixture also ceased to be broadcast into the nation’s homes; advertsfor smoking products.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Changes in UK Advertising law sawcommercials for cigarettes and cigars disappear from television twenty-twoyears ago, with Hamlet cigars taking the industry’s last drag on televisionair-time. A whole generation has since grown up without seeing an advert for asmoking product on their TV, that is until now, and the new campaign for theE-Lites electronic cigarette.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As the word electronic will havehinted, smoking has come a long way since the early 90s when it wasn’t uncommonto see household names like Russ Abbott or Des O’Connor lighting up ontelevision. Unlike the cigars and cigarettes of yesteryear E-Lites’ electroniccigarette is free from tar and tobacco emitting only vapour making it not onlyhealthier and cheaper than traditional cigarettes, but also much more friendlywhen it comes to Advertising Standards Agency laws.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Also, as the electronic cigarette isfree from the nasty stuff, it can be ‘smoked’ indoors, and it is this elementthat the E-Lites campaign has sought to cleverly highlight. Though not able toproject their product by name or image E-Lites have depicted one of its keyselling points, namely that smokers of E-Lites electronic cigarettes need notmiss out on social interaction to partake in their pastime. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The advert is already proving a hitfor E-Lites with an ever increasing number of views on YouTube further boostedthanks to a tweet from the global superstar PSY in which he admired the movesof the ad’s star-turn. So an effective ad for E-Lites, and for the smokersamongst you; no more missed conversations or business opportunities, and alsono missing out on your offspring’s first foray into advertising infamy.[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom