What's new

Governments response to consultation paper on Tpd

If all retailers stock approx 50 flavours what are the retailers to do. Reduce their flavours toreduce cost of regulation ????

so if any tanks are labeled "not for use with nicotine" they can be sold over 2ml..
.. all e-juice is nic free and you add your own nic, no testing and can be sold in bottles over 10ml..
theres always ways round stuff

Yep it would have been nice but as with the machinations of government nothing is ever so straightforward. When I saw the questionnaire I was frustrated that it didn't cover the areas I wanted covered but there ya go.

This questionnaire mainly relates to tobacco and many folks who responded were confused about whether certain questions related to ecigs. When I did my response I said a lot about mg/bottle size etc etc at the end in the vain hope that whilst the questions weren't really about those issues, perhaps somebody might actually read it anyway.

Advertising of ecigs is not covered in this document.

For those (proposed) rules see here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/proposals-for-uk-law-on-the-advertising-of-e-cigarettes/article-205-tobacco-products-directive-proposals-for-uk-law
As yet we have no definitive idea just how those rules will affect forums/you tube reviewers/FB groups etc and as far as I know we have yet to see a consultation document

This should answer the question on Forums, Reviews etc...

"Similarly, a line has to be drawn between information and advertising. The Directive draws the line by using the word ‘promote’, which we intend to copy. This would mean that where information is provided that gives detail about a product, or how to operate that product, but is not ‘promotional’ in nature, the restrictions would not apply."

Forums etc, will not be able to carry adverts as this one currently does but would be allowed to talk about the details or function of E-cigarettes and Atomisers, E-liquids...

If all retailers stock approx 50 flavours what are the retailers to do. Reduce their flavours toreduce cost of regulation ????
You mean retailers who are also the manufacturers/importers? Business decision.
Retailers who are resellers would pay nothing.

This should answer the question on Forums, Reviews etc...

"Similarly, a line has to be drawn between information and advertising. The Directive draws the line by using the word ‘promote’, which we intend to copy. This would mean that where information is provided that gives detail about a product, or how to operate that product, but is not ‘promotional’ in nature, the restrictions would not apply."

Forums etc, will not be able to carry adverts as this one currently does but would be allowed to talk about the details or function of E-cigarettes and Atomisers, E-liquids...

Sounds so simple when it's put like that. And I hope your interpretation is right. The whole ethos of a forum, this one at least, is to provide a resource for all Vapers, new and experienced alike. Whilst yes, a lot of stuff is 'information' and instructional the underlying message, especially to new members is 'well done, you've done the right thing, Vaping is better. Hey have you tried X product? You can get them at z.com. Pair it with Y available at Q.co.uk and you're golden'

Experienced members want 'information' about products, exchanges of experiences...links to where you can get various things.

I'm trying to say it's not black and white. The blurb tells us that the rules are not meant to stymie stop smoking services..for example...NHS...Big Pharma..giving 'official' advice. I'm not convinced that they would include us within that kind of exception.
Hope I'm wrong.

Sounds so simple when it's put like that. And I hope your interpretation is right. The whole ethos of a forum, this one at least, is to provide a resource for all Vapers, new and experienced alike. Whilst yes, a lot of stuff is 'information' and instructional the underlying message, especially to new members is 'well done, you've done the right thing, Vaping is better. Hey have you tried X product? You can get them at z.com. Pair it with Y available at Q.co.uk and you're golden'

Experienced members want 'information' about products, exchanges of experiences...links to where you can get various things.

I'm trying to say it's not black and white. The blurb tells us that the rules are not meant to stymie stop smoking services..for example...NHS...Big Pharma..giving 'official' advice. I'm not convinced that they would include us within that kind of exception.
Hope I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure the key decision would be whether such discussions were "Commercial" in nature - namely advertising - rather than a simple exchange of information

could the planet survive without the income it gets from adds?

I don't know but an ad free planet would bumble by on a donations basis for a while at least...

What's not been mentioned yet is what we call vapour is in fact an aerosol. Vapour is a substance in the gas phase at a temperature..... An aerosol is a suspension of a substance as a liquid or solid in a gas (in our case air). They are not the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom