What's new

Gov.UK Clearing up some myths around e-cigarettes

Just sent a link to this to my dad, just been visiting my parents and I think I got more comments made about vaping than I did when I was smoking
i know the feeling. i work in a hospital and at least once a month i get the old chestnut of ill get popcorn lung from that shite. i politely tell them to fek orf and they go and light a fag.
sadly i still have to share the one and only smoking shelter and i had a psychy patient standing behind me yesterday blowing his cig smoke at my back and my cloths stank of stale backy last night.

Thanks for this, just shared it via messenger to as many folk I know, told them to pass it on too [emoji4]

It’s a good article on the surface of it. But it screams ulterior motive to me.
First legitimise it.
Then control it.
Then tax it.

It’s interesting that the article basically said, we’ve banned diacetyl from e-cigarettes, but actually it’s harmless anyway.

Sorry @zouzounaki , what I meant to say was: Our beloved Government have lost millions in tax revenue due to several million people switching from smoking to vaping. As a direct result of this, they will be attempting to recoup that loss. A very simple way to do that would be to apply a similar tax to electronic cigarettes and associated products, thereby reducing the aforementioned deficit.

Or if you still don’t understand: Bigman want much dollar, fags went pshhhhh and him angry.

Sorry @zouzounaki , what I meant to say was: Our beloved Government have lost millions in tax revenue due to several million people switching from smoking to vaping. As a direct result of this, they will be attempting to recoup that loss. A very simple way to do that would be to apply a similar tax to electronic cigarettes and associated products, thereby reducing the aforementioned deficit.

Or if you still don’t understand: Bigman want much dollar, fags went pshhhhh and him angry.

So the government charge punitive tax on fags, drink etc. Whether we agree with this or not, the rationale for doing it is to reduce consumption of fags and drink. That’s how they justify it. Because fags and drink are bad for the health, they want people to consume less of them.

Given that the government are actively encouraging people who smoke to take up vamping, and saying it’s 95% better for health than fags, how could they justify putting a similar punitive tax on vape gear?

So the government charge punitive tax on fags, drink etc. Whether we agree with this or not, the rationale for doing it is to reduce consumption of fags and drink. That’s how they justify it. Because fags and drink are bad for the health, they want people to consume less of them.

Given that the government are actively encouraging people who smoke to take up vamping, and saying it’s 95% better for health than fags, how could they justify putting a similar punitive tax on vape gear?
I wouldn’t necessarily say that vamping is safer than smoking. You try dressing as Frank n Furter on a Friday night in Colchester.....

Back
Top Bottom