What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Factory worker, 57, is first Briton to die from lung disease 'linked to vaping'

BlackCoffee

Postman
57-year-old Briton, Terry Miller, has been named the world's first victim of the deadly disease lipoid pneumonia likely due to vaping.

The former factory worker died in 2010 and his widow Glynis has since criticised UK health watchdogs for their claims about the safety of e-cigarettes.

Doctors referred Mr Miller's death to an inquest after they found oil in his lungs. A coroner recorded an open verdict.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...erson-die-disease-linked-VAPING.html#comments

57-year-old Briton, Terry Miller, has been named the world's first victim of the deadly disease lipoid pneumonia likely due to vaping.

The former factory worker died in 2010 and his widow Glynis has since criticised UK health watchdogs for their claims about the safety of e-cigarettes.

Doctors referred Mr Miller's death to an inquest after they found oil in his lungs. A coroner recorded an open verdict.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...erson-die-disease-linked-VAPING.html#comments

Daily Mail - nuff said

what did they exhume him last week
or
somebody wants to claim him to be the first victim or something ???

Soz Mr Greene was one of the first victims in my book.....

They “found oil in his lungs”... Enough said.

You can’t get lipoid pneumonia from from inhaling responsibly made e-liquid. Nothing to see here. As usual.

Died in 2010 .....

That's nothing, in a few weeks the news will filter through that the Chinese invented dying from vaping in the 16th century.

I'm surprised the Scottish haven't tried to claim it yet ;)

The thing is (and don't shoot me for saying it)...

Vegetable Glycerin is a substance made from vegetable oil.

What if, when you stop smoking and start vaping you feel better because the oil is loosening the shite build up in the lungs over years of smoking, but then you start to deposit oily droplets there instead?

I've been vaping for 5 years now, and I have to say in the last 12 months when I started squonking and obviously inhaling more vapour that I got a cough and a wheeze.

I did have asthma as a child and the wheeze was very similar to that. I have since gone back to MTL at 50/50 at 6mg and the cough has gone, but there is still a shortness of breath.

I'm all for vaping, and I'm sure a lot of the stories are either fictional or because of the Vitamin E Acetate used to cut the THC in illicit eliquid. But, it does make you wonder...

What if, when you stop smoking and start vaping you feel better because the oil is loosening the shite build up in the lungs over years of smoking, but then you start to deposit oily droplets there instead?

What if people were to stop making up stupid shit

Cheers for the well thought out response Tartan. I know we all are grateful to vaping coming about to get us of the ciggies, something I never thought I'd do. But it doesn't mean we all should do it mindlessly.

Cheers for the well thought out response Tartan. I know we all are grateful to vaping coming about to get us of the ciggies, something I never thought I'd do. But it doesn't mean we all should do it mindlessly.

Sorry but it was the first response my brain thought of when reading what you wrote, remembering that any information on this forum can be picked up on google
Just imagine if someone took that phrase and ran with it as if it was true ?

The thing is (and don't shoot me for saying it)...

Vegetable Glycerin is a substance made from vegetable oil.

I've been vaping for 5 years now, and I have to say in the last 12 months when I started squonking and obviously inhaling more vapour that I got a cough and a wheeze.

I did have asthma as a child and the wheeze was very similar to that. I have since gone back to MTL at 50/50 at 6mg and the cough has gone, but there is still a shortness of breath.

I'm all for vaping, and I'm sure a lot of the stories are either fictional or because of the Vitamin E Acetate used to cut the THC in illicit eliquid. But, it does make you wonder...
look at it this way I know I do .. I have been vaping 7-8 yrs .. if I still smoked I'd be dead .. really box and all doc said so .. heart attack came close ..
so if your not dead your alive so stop bitchin get on with life till something else tries to kill you

Back
Top Bottom