What's new

EU to tax vapes like tobacco

I guess there will be some taxing going down to recoup some of the $$ spent on the corona.

I don't know how true it is, but some dude in a business magazine was saying UK cannabis company stocks we're on the rise because legalising that would be one of the best ways to recoup all the $$ and simultaneously cut costs.

Vape stuff "should" or "might" only be 5% VAT if it all falls into same section on reduced VAT
(or zero VAT if on prescription)

3) Smoking Cessation Products – Nicotine patches, gums and inhalators to help you quit smoking are all subject to a 5% tax, however, if prescribed by a GP they are exempt from tax.

http://www.placedobson.co.uk/company-news/what-you-do-and-surprisingly-dont-pay-vat#:~:text=In 2000 the VAT on,rate cannot drop below 5%.&text=3) Smoking Cessation Products – Nicotine,they are exempt from tax.

Does that mean i will need a prescription for 100ml of Vanilla Custard Concentrate.

Doesn't like my VPN :21:

upload_2020-6-25_15-37-45.png

Regardless of Brexit the UK will be expected to align with EU legislation in many areas, the EU is obsessed with the internal market. No deal would be different but don't expect any UK Government not to impose tobacco like duties on vape products, including hardware. This is not just about liquid, all of vaping is a cash cow ripe for milking.

Does that mean i will need a prescription for 100ml of Vanilla Custard Concentrate.

Naahhhh - you/we are most likely paying 20% VAT on most vaping stuff purchased in UK I reckon
than the possible 5% reduced rate that could/should apply to some products

I saw somewhere that nicotine replacement patches are zero rated
but seems that applies to stuff on prescription - eg: basic starter kit from NHS
(even though when I asked about gum/patches to my doctor he refused to help - cunt
said he thought I was unlikely to succeed giving up - fuck you cunt, all that tax I've paid on fags)

I would guess most stuff in UK just charges 20% VAT across the board
to save hassle of different rates on different products eg:
flavourings will likely be 20%, but nicotine e-juice might be 5%
(so what about zero nic juice - where might that fall)

I'm still saving money hand over fist compared to the money AND TAX/DUTY I was paying on stinkies

However - when people spunking a fair bit of money on Nicorette, that inflated price is only 5% VAT
so the big Pharma are raking in even more money that we first thought perhaps
(ie: rrp not inclusive of 20% VAT but only 5% for patches made of gold dust - jeeez greedy cunts)

Back
Top Bottom