What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

ECigs in the TPD Voted Today and this is what happened!

I keep harping back to motorbikes, but MAG and the BMF are both membership organisations which raise funds to pay for a central office and a lobbyist each.

On top of that, every European country has their own bike organisation fighting to protect riders rights and daft legislation...and co-fund FEMA, a European-based campaign organisation lobbying directly in Brussels.

It's that type of structure we need. There are many talented individuals out there who command both knowledge with a polished presentation technique.

£3 a month direct debit - would that hurt anyone?

It doesn't mean setting up a political party, every member has one vote, volunteer board members can be voted or co-opted on to lend their experience.

I really feel that if we stand the remotest chance of tackling the vested interests at play here we need to mobilise ourselves into a more professional group of vapers. We need to fight the battle on their terms. Emails and tweets do not work, they don't read them. A secretary looks and deletes or sends out a pro-forma reply.

Cromwell picked the ground he would defeat Charles' army at Naseby - we need that nous, to be proactive rather than reactive.

And we don't need to be split between vendors and users because if we don't move into an effective force son we leave all of our hopes with politicians doing the right thing. And they won't.

this is a really great idea we should setup a thread to see who would be interested in contributing and what structure the organisation would have - I would definitely be interested in helping and contributing I don't think i'd make a good spokesperson but I'd be happy to do the legwork office stuff research and whatnot I think a fiver a month is pretty fair for an organisation who are actually going to stand for our rights demnd answers and get in the faces of the ruling lot.

this is a really great idea we should setup a thread to see who would be interested in contributing and what structure the organisation would have - I would definitely be interested in helping and contributing I don't think i'd make a good spokesperson but I'd be happy to do the legwork office stuff research and whatnot I think a fiver a month is pretty fair for an organisation who are actually going to stand for our rights demnd answers and get in the faces of the ruling lot.

I just commented on this in a PM.

I think the solution is for ECITA and ECCA to get together.

They have the brand presence, they have community awareness. It needs them to coordinate and then adopt a membership scheme. I'm just throwing random thoughts out there and most of my thoughts tend to be shit...but this is what's running through my head at the moment.

Then have regional reps to organise monthly vapemeets, fundraisers, attend local community events and man a stall to disseminate information to the public to spread the message. We need to work at getting the message not just to politicians but to the public at large, we need a massive PR campaign based around volunteers spreading the news about the science and the personal stories.

It needs a couple of respected characters to put their heads above the parapet and say 'yes, I'll head this' and delegate.

All of this could be utter bollocks - but it's all I've got at half-past bedtime. :)

I just commented on this in a PM.

I think the solution is for ECITA and ECCA to get together.

They have the brand presence, they have community awareness. It needs them to coordinate and then adopt a membership scheme. I'm just throwing random thoughts out there and most of my thoughts tend to be shit...but this is what's running through my head at the moment.

Then have regional reps to organise monthly vapemeets, fundraisers, attend local community events and man a stall to disseminate information to the public to spread the message. We need to work at getting the message not just to politicians but to the public at large, we need a massive PR campaign based around volunteers spreading the news about the science and the personal stories.

It needs a couple of respected characters to put their heads above the parapet and say 'yes, I'll head this' and delegate.

All of this could be utter bollocks - but it's all I've got at half-past bedtime. :)

It's not bollocks I know exactly what you mean in Glasgow city center we get people setting up tables for everything from Greenpeace to the UK anarchists trying to get members and handing out literature I'd be more than happy to run a table of a Saturday in Glasgow handing out information and trying to get members

Sent from my HTC One X using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

i was a little more blunt in that i emailed macavan and told her she was a modern day hitler condemning millions to a toxic death.. not subtle i know but made me feel better!

Bluntness is a fine art and you are only telling the truth kudos sir I tip my hat to you

I have spent the majority of yesterday(since my "I'm annoyed..." post)and most of the night growling at my family,and then to save them from me,went to visit a mate where I could growl away & not risk causing upset.

I have tweeted several articles about yesterdays utter debacle of "democracy" in action,and shared on facebook.I have explained to my mate which petitions he needs sign,and which are obsolete(ish)I also explained how unless he was prepared to learn how to mix his own juices,he'll be stuffed once these regs become law as he's on 24+mg juices.

I have requested (again)a meeting face to ugly face of my MP.I'll expect the "you said that before,but we've ignored you again and forwarded it to Jeremy (C)Hunt again" letter some time ahead.I have been chasing him on twitter(again)asking him to at least answer me in a tweet to say he knows I'm trying to engage with him.Nothing(as expected)was forth-coming.

After giving it some lengthy consideration,I'll do my utmost to keep abreast of any developments within POTV and my utmost to assist.

If funding is required,PM me,yell on the forum or facebook/twitter me where to direct my contributions.

If direct action is required,a little more notice is required than I've realised the News posts were (login daily,click the newest posts tab)so I can buy the fuel to be wherever.

I will continue to email MP's/MEP's to drive home my contempt for them as they have shown to us.

One thing that I'm uncertain about,Chris Davies? Why did he devote so much time blogging as our allie only to vote against us?

Last edited:
its very true there aren't that many regular posters here i always see the same people and I know they are fighting like hell for our rights and I applaud them fully and sign petitions and email mep's but even people who aren't members here should be signing it and emailing politician because at the end of the day whether its about vaping or not its a violation of civil liberties and human rights which the eu seem to go on about so much - i've signed my gf signed my dad signed and he doesnt even vape neither does my bro but he signed too and I email meps regularly and ask others to also my dad has talked to his local mp and councilors about it.

Maybe it's just me but I have tried to get my friends and family involved and I have mentioned the "Civil Liberties and Human rights" and to be honest they don't give a shit. None of them care about you, me or anyone else. the excuse I hear is " I don't vape or smoke so I don't understand or it does not effect me (and when you go to explain you are then told you are preaching) or even maybe you should quit

I got an email response last night, it acknowledged the issue and let me know it was being handed on to someone to look into. We shall see

Maybe it's just me but I have tried to get my friends and family involved and I have mentioned the "Civil Liberties and Human rights" and to be honest they don't give a shit. None of them care about you, me or anyone else. the excuse I hear is " I don't vape or smoke so I don't understand or it does not effect me (and when you go to explain you are then told you are preaching) or even maybe you should quit

You should let em know that coffee is next on the hit list possibly followed by sugar

Back
Top Bottom