What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

E-liquid Flavourings, are they at risk?

Totally agree, apart from wishing to point out that snowflakes is a poor description for these types, they are more like calvinists and temperance society puritans.
Why use lots of words when one describes them all [emoji16]

Language is made to be expressive, not economical! :D

Besides what they describe as a snowflake is ill-defines. These people are puritans.

Hi,

I do vape and made the switch from smoking about two years ago, personally, I think flavourings are imperative to reduce the number of people taking a step back to smoking. Yes, I have heard of popcorn lung and diacetyl is an ingredient banned by UK/EU regulations if vapers buy from trusted suppliers it shouldn't be an issue.
its good to have someone who vapes onboard to give an unbiased opinion unlike most of the journalists who dont smoke or vape and love spreading how you say fake news to sell papers. most of these reports are debunked within a couple of days but sadly thanks to social media once its posted out there it stays out there forever.
the reason i asked earlier about the popcorn lung is this was debunked a couple of years ago but we still get asked weekly about it and the worry from new vapours. explaining that one cig has more diacetyl than the strongest ever reading of any eliquid worldwide. worth a read https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...corn-lung-diacetyl-rumour-please-read.136797/

as said, flavourings will never end as people will never stop making cakes. yes they could put more warnings on them but just look at how long we smoked with all the warnings and pictures on the box, did that ever stop us. nope.
i suppose they could put a ban on selling them unless you took your cooking ingredients into the shop to prove you wasnt going to use it to make eliquid.
and if they ever tried it would just go underground.
good luck with your research @KatieH and keep us updated on your findings and final paper report.

Language is made to be expressive, not economical! :D

Besides what they describe as a snowflake is ill-defines. These people are puritans.
I'll bow to your greater knowledge then. I'm a straight talking person who believes in saying what they think, not waffling on about putting tags on groups. So I'll leave you to waffle away.

I'll bow to your greater knowledge then. I'm a straight talking person who believes in saying what they think, not waffling on about putting tags on groups. So I'll leave you to waffle away.
You just made a post about snowflakes! :P

We need the removal of vapour products from tobacco legislation really.... I still feel that is the biggest threat to vaping right now.

Aye @Simon G it would be better if they were categorised as a thing in themselves. I can’t see that ever happening though. I think out of the choice of tobacco products or pharmaceutical products, tobacco is least bad. But the problem is, legislation and regulations will continue to hammer tobacco more and more over time. Who knows what will happen...

what does it even mean? .... fragile, melts easily?

I have no idea, it seems to me to be a vaguely offensive term used to describe anybody that objects to anything. But I’d rather be a snowflake than a puritan, at least.

edit: actually I think it might be colour related. Maybe it started to describe white people that have a problem with racism? And has since grown to describe anyone with a non-puritan view about any particular topic.

Philip Morris was on radio clyde news today (well maybe not him as he's prob deed)....the jist of the bulletin was that tobacco companies had come full circle and are engaging and bringing out vaping stuff......now this we know...
however it was a positive bulletin, like woohooo at last....
it almost seemed like a confirmation stamp of approval from all...like if the big boys are in, then all is well.
took a while but at least it's something....
So my point being that if big baccy are now embracing the vape scene.... and not spending money lobbying against it....flavours are here to stay in the UK...and perhaps in time if this vaping thing catches on...the rest of the world.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom