What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

E-liquid Flavourings, are they at risk?

There's no immediate risk, but obviously there's always a 'risk' that anything could happen. I'm not sure who would support that in the UK though. I don't see government or medical professionals even entertaining the idea.... or even tobacco and pharma for that matter. I saw a new nicorette spray thing advertised yesterday that was berry flavored and tobacco companies are heavily invested in vaping now. ... so who would be calling for it?

Again, it's not likely to happen in the UK but vaping hasn't always been represented positively in the press, it's worth having the info from vapers and getting this out there or at least have a counter argument if something was reported about no flavourings in e-liquid.

There's no immediate risk, but obviously there's always a 'risk' that anything could happen. I'm not sure who would support that in the UK though. I don't see government or medical professionals even entertaining the idea.... or even tobacco and pharma for that matter. I saw a new nicorette spray thing advertised yesterday that was berry flavored and tobacco companies are heavily invested in vaping now. ... so who would be calling for it?

The royal pharmaceutical society have a position on flavours, which isn’t hugely supportive. I posted it in the “children’s eliquid” thread.

Banning flavours would just move the whole e liquid industry underground.....in effect deregulating the TPD.

The royal pharmaceutical society have a position on flavours, which isn’t hugely supportive. I posted it in the “children’s eliquid” thread.
The RPS is banging out slurs and half-truths. Nothing it says should be accorded any value.

Again, it's not likely to happen in the UK but vaping hasn't always been represented positively in the press, it's worth having the info from vapers and getting this out there or at least have a counter argument if something was reported about no flavourings in e-liquid.

Vaping hasn't been represented favourably in the Red Tops and the Daily Fail for the most part. The credible news outlets have tended to report the positives in equal measure to the negatives for the most part.

I exclude the Daily Mail from categorisation into either above pigeonhole as that newspaper, it's assets, its money and it's following should all be banished to the rings of Saturn and sniper'd by a solar spore.

:)

As "Flavourings" used in e-liquids are the same ones as used in cake making (apart from one's unsuitable for vaping!!) it might be as well to ask Mary Berry what the effect would be on cake making!
Have you asked the W.I. what their views are on this outrageous possibility being imposed on their members baking efforts??

The biggest argument raised against flavoured juice appears to be the "gateway effect". If teenagers smoke, chances are they'll experiment with vaping, lesser of two evils maybe but non smokers are not being seduced by vaping advertising it seems. With a reported 0.5% take up by non smokers it's hardly the world coming to an end scenario but the snowflakes will be all over it like a rash.

The biggest argument raised against flavoured juice appears to be the "gateway effect". If teenagers smoke, chances are they'll experiment with vaping, lesser of two evils maybe but non smokers are not being seduced by vaping advertising it seems. With a reported 0.5% take up by non smokers it's hardly the world coming to an end scenario but the snowflakes will be all over it like a rash.

Totally agree, apart from wishing to point out that snowflakes is a poor description for these types, they are more like calvinists and temperance society puritans.

Vaping hasn't been represented favourably in the Red Tops and the Daily Fail for the most part. The credible news outlets have tended to report the positives in equal measure to the negatives for the most part.

I exclude the Daily Mail from categorisation into either above pigeonhole as that newspaper, it's assets, its money and it's following should all be banished to the rings of Saturn and sniper'd by a solar spore.

:)

:18::2thumbsup::18:

Missed you @SirLugg

Back
Top Bottom